Chinese lock, does not respond to chip - don't buy it!

I bought this little lock.
It looked nice for useing to lock drawers.

I was able to activate it with the Classic 1 card I had.
Works perfect.
It also seems to respond reasonably well to the keychain chip. It blinks…
but to an implant? Nothing … not even after I disassembled and pressed the antenna to the skin.

Could it be that if we replace it with a deferent antenna it will work better?
Anyone have experience with these locks?

1 Like

Which implant are you trying to get it to work with?

Often,battery operated readers use battery saving techniques that keep the reader mostly off and in a low power until a tag is detected in the field…and many times full size cards work fine to wake up the reader, but the x series tags are too small to trigger the “wakeup” detection.

Next…
You can program this lock with the master key, which will work with all kinds of classic 1.

But I do not even get a error reading beep … just do not respond.

I was thinking of making an antenna and taking it out of the box so that it would approach nearer.

Maybe there is a guide to making a winning antenna?

But It has some interaction with the led dummy chip.

That doesn’t mean much… Put the led on it then put the card that works in the field, see if you see any difference in brightness when the card comes into the field.,

Making an antenna is not easy… not impossible but its much more complex than wrapping some wire around a coil.

Are you sure it even works with an ntag216 chip with 7 byte ID? The classic 1K cards are all 4 byte IDs.

I believe you.
Worth trying,

I hope Someone can summarise this super smart technical guide on how to design antennas for nfc chips, into 5 short lines for me?
I cant make any conclusions out of it.

an2866-how-to-design-a-1356-mhz-customized-antenna-for-st25-nfc–rfid-tags-stmicroelectronics.pdf (633.5 KB)

From this url

That’s the master card read

Okay so what I’m getting at here is the chip inside the next implant is not the same chip as the cards used by the lock. They are both ISO14443a protocol, but they are different chips with different memory structures and different ID length. It is possible that the lock is not compatible with the next implant.

1 Like

You might want to check out the xM1 implant. It has a classic chip emulator with four byte ID.

Works fine with this guy as well…
It not Next comparable as well?

No, this is also a classic chip with a 4 byte ID. It is not an ntag chip like in the NExT implant.

What about xm1?
Out put looks similar ?

Yes, the xM1 implant is a mifare classic 1k chip emulator with 4 byte ID.

No read.

Suggestions?

Are you attempting to read the chips through the plastic case or have you tested in the same way that was done with the xFD keychain? What I mean is, have you tried to scan your xM1 directly against the antenna PCB in a perpendicular fashion?

The first thing to establish is compatibility with the chips. Once we can do that, then we can focus on the antenna itself.

Yes
Took it apart, tried to read next to the skin.

I have some cards back at the office, I will try tomorrow xm1 compatible card…

Since the field detector seemed to have no problem getting power from the antenna… I’m wondering if there is some other problem. Can you scan your xM1 implant with your phone and NFC tools to confirm it is still functional?