Chip compatibility matrix - Google Sheets

I bought the MEtechs MID300 and it does NOT seem to work with my NExT. I was able to get the lock to work with the key fob style T5577s but unable to with either my implant or the T5577 cards that come with the Proxmark 3. The lock would not even react to my implant. Does anyone have a similar style lock they’d recommend for an interior door? I haven’t been able to find many options for a non deadbolt

The trick is to break off the front plastic piece that covers the antenna. Then adjust the position of the antenna for the best range. Finally cover the open hole with a big sticker and you will be good to go :+1:

3 Likes

Any advice for antenna positioning on this past the standard practice? I was able to get my implant to read but I am having issues with any kind of consistency.

Honestly it was a bit of a struggle and I still sometimes need to sit there for a sec looking for the best position to get a read. I would take a DT sticker and stick the antenna to it so it is as close to you as possible then attach the sticker to the handle

I’ve done some testing with my XSIID and the Ikea Rothult lock, how can I contribute it to the matrix?
Basically, it is compatible as listed, but not without removing the plastic backing over the sensor - which means it’s not really useable for its intended purpose (being read through a drawer front or cupboard door). Is there a ‘technically compatible but not really useable’ option, or if there isn’t, can we create one?

Normally, there should be a link to follow to a post, in that post, hopefully something like you are referring to should be mentioned.

I could possibly use the orange TBC as a “modification needed”, or add a note to the cell.
Let me think on it…

FYI there is some good info in this specific Rothult thread

1 Like

Thanks mate I will add my testing results to that thread…

1 Like

Another update, I can confirm it also works with Yale Conexis L1. Just installed today and works with no issues. Just seems particular on the orientation of the chip.

2 Likes

Your FlexM1 ?

How did you go about it?

were you able to register your implant? or did you clone a key that was already registered?

Correct, FlexM1 Gen1a

My FlexM1 was already a cloned Yale card so it registered instantly, but my other Yale lock registers any Mifare Classic cards so I assume this is the same. I’ll do some testing.

1 Like

Currently out on business and noticed the spreadsheet has a hotel/motel sheet.

I’m in a Hyatt in California and seems like they use a Mifare Classic 1K type card.

Not very Savvy with my Proxmark but in case you wanted to add that to the matrix, it’s there. Wish I had a xM1, I wanted to freak out my coworkers by unlocking my room with a wave of my hand.

1 Like

Cool, thanks, I’ll add a note, because it may need more than just the UID

Anything I can do to get more info for you? I got time to kill before I hit the bed. Plus I’m here for a few more days.

Actually, that’s probably enough, because somebody with a magic implant can either
do a full dump :wink: with MCT App

or

use their PM3 to get the keys that way

since you were clever enough to take your PM3 with you and you want to play

Ragebolus/Equipter just posted something recently that will help

If you can’t use your laptop at the door, you could try offline sniff, you will need a powerbank , and the commands /lights will depend on the offline library you have…which is probably Sammy Kamkars

Here’s some great further reading collated by @Concorde

https://forum.dangerousthings.com/t/handy-dandy-tips-and-tricks/13041/16?u=pilgrimsmaster

Range / compatibility would be another good thing to know, but you won’t be able to do that without an xM1 of FlexM1, maybe this is the motivation you need to get a Flex or xM1 implant.

I always travel with at least a T5577 and a MF1k gen2 card for testing before writing to implants

I reccomend KSEC for test card bundle and magic card pack to get them in one place, and the shipping is much cheaper than it was.

Too tired last night to sniff my hotel door (open bars at conferences are great, aren’t they?), but I got a few hours of free time to mess around with the proxmark3.

Here is the sniff:

Just a word of caution, at least from personal experience. I still have yet to get my xM1 to read at the hotels I’ve been at. Despite me successfully cloning their Hotel Card to one of my blank 1k mf cards, I can’t get their door to read my xM1. Very Frustrating. I wish I went with the flexM1. (Little disclaimer: I think my xM1 is a little too deep. I can barely feel it in my skin)

1 Like

I’ve been using all the unifi stuff with my Apex and ntag on the unifi access light reader. Both and comparable but unreadable on the pro reader since the NFC on that thing suuucks. The light reader works every time. Also under the apex section maybe listing what applet is needed to make things work would be a good idea.

1 Like

ADDITION

The Zestech SDL-100 deadbolt can be unlocked with an xNT implant.
Amazon CA link: https://www.amazon.ca/SDL-100-B-Fingerprint-Touchscreen-Auto-Locking-Properties/dp/B08XQ4Z57T
It comes with a couple of mifare classic 1k mini-cards, but I was able to enroll my xNT with it. At first, I didn’t try to use the xNT since it came with mifare, but I read another post in the “House Lock Recommendations” thread where a device came with mifare but they were able to enroll an NTAG216 - so I tried it and it works! The touch sensors for the numbers are reasonably sensitive, so it’s a little hard to do the programming without accidentally entering a jumbled numeric code, but it works!

The only downsides I see to this lock are:

• the physical key is non-standard, and I’m not sure that it can be duplicated at most locksmiths
  • the physical key is behind a little cover that needs a small L shaped pin to remove

You can also use number codes or finger prints to unlock the door.

I was impressed with the build quality. The entire inside casing is metal, even the battery cover.

2 Likes