Chip Moves 4 months after installation

Hello, I had a NeXT chip installed in the back of my right hand between the index and middle metacarpals (I thought). The installation was done at DEFCON 27 in August. I haven’t messed with it and it was reading fine. Today I noticed that it was near the knuckle of my middle finger. I didn’t realize it was the chip. It still stays in that groove but will move within an inch, or half an inch from my knuckle (up or down). It doesn’t seem to be creating any issues (pain, etc). In fact, it is easier to read. Just wondering if it requires medical attention.

1 Like

I also have a chip installed about 5 months ago that moves quite a bit in the classic spot between thumb and index finger. My chip is an ISO14443A NFC from China (sorry Amal, I will be purchasing an xG3 very soon), but it was coated in bioglass only. Some Chinese chips are coated in “anti-migration” material such as parylene, which would make removal much more difficult. If you look this link: http://amal.net/?p=3540, Amal’s chip bonded to connective tissue. That was after 7 years of having the chip in though.

1 Like

As long as it doesn’t bump into anything important and cause you pain or limit your mobility it shouldn’t really matter.

Everyone heals a bit differently, if it worries you maybe try taking some prenatal vitamins for a boost to your collagen production, it may help the chip stay in one place and encapsulate a bit better.

1 Like

It’s best to try to lock it down if you can.

• position the chip where you want it
  • create a little rectangle around the chip with bits of toothpick
  • tape that stuff down tight
  • take prenatal vitamins for pregnant women
  • wait 2-3 weeks, applying new toothpicks and tape as necessary

If it’s not locked down by then, you might just have a runner and it will always move around.

2 Likes

cant recommend the vitamins enough, also i cant remember but didnt a while back you recommend jello as well? either way I loaded up on jello and vitamins, the cashier looked at me funny, i said it was for a surgery on myself, she looked concerned. In the end my implant was locked down on day 3 and has been stable for 2 years now. Definitely think age also comes into play, got it when I was 17 and I healed up super quick, even now at 19 I notice that I don’t heal nearly as quick as I did only two years ago.

2 Likes

How’s your blood sugar? 19 vs 17 should see no serious difference in healing time… 17 and 37 sure, but something else might be going on. High glucose levels can slow healing. I noticed healing taking a lot longer when my blood sugar started rising.

1 Like

Blood sugars definitely increased a little due to living the college life, and also I’m less physically active. It’s nothing insane of a difference, just like pulling a muscle might hurt for an extra day or a cut will be irritated for a bit longer. Only something I’d notice because I’m easily irritated and can’t wait for it to be over. But yeah college definitely takes a toll on ya physically. I can’t wait to be done with it. Almost got my associate and then I’m off to get a master’s

1 Like

My healing difference is drastically extended… a 3 day cut now takes 3 weeks to fully recover from open wound to “calm scar”

3 Likes

Thanks for the reminder it’s only down hill from here @amal :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

thumb_dont-let-it-set-in-dont-let-the-existential-dread-62014329

8 Likes

I did the vitamin thing and have been monitoring it. It seems to have settled in an area (that’s actually easier to read). It still moves a bit but I’m trying not to play with it. I recently lost a lot of weight. Could that have something to do with it? It’s weird, when I first start losing weight, I notice it in my hands and fingers before I see results. I’m OK where it is. I’m just going to stick to the vitamins. The question was for future reference as I plan on getting more.

Any major body change can impact collagen and other factors at play that keep a chip encapsulated. Some people will see a chip that has locked down start moving after several years, but this is usually due to big life changes like stress levels, diet, and body mass.