Come on down to crazy Amal's flex-o-ramma-ramma!

I really need… want a flexEM with the m1Gen2 with it only being “slightly bigger” (trying to convince my self of that one) maybe I can trade in my flexEM and pay to upgrade :smiley:

Those are light blue? Man, the photo really doesn’t do them justice…

Any chance you could quote me a custom either FlexNExT LED or FlexEM1 LED with a line of 3 of those light blue LEDs? (If that would even work that is)

It’s Amal-blue. It’s kind of green, but you have to believe it’s blue, otherwise Amal comes round and kicks your ass until you see it blue.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Interesting. Did you try with the sticker tag cut across the coil - firstly to disable the tag so whatever it “boosts” can reply to the ACS122 instead of the sticker, and also to test whether an interrupted coil acts as a booster also?

I’m pretty sure there’s a viable product to be developed here…

What the actual fricking physics.
Is there a way these antennas can be printed on a recycled degradable plastic (maybe with holes for air) with biosafe glue?
I’d pay 5 bucks each depending how good it is for my skin to keep them on for a long time. Perfect for hotel stays etc.

What If we place one of those under an eGeeTouch with like 5mm spacer, would that enable it to read the x implants?

Good ideas. I’ll talk to @Satur9 about smt working some tiny caps onto some of these substrates

1 Like

That most definitely would not work. You need the inductor loop of the large tag to be complete in order for the boosting to happen. Otherwise the large tag is just a spaghetti pile of copper in the way of the field. Check out this video to see the difference between a cut and uncut inductor.

You could remove the chip and replace it with an equivalent capacitor.

1 Like

It does make sense that this would happen. There’s just never been a reason for us to mate these two antennas shapes before this. Here’s an image of the field shape being created as the large tag interacts with the reader
unnamed (1)

See how it pulls the field through the center and then around the wires on the top so that they’re now traveling horizontally instead of vertically? If you rest an x-series implant there then the field lines would be traveling right through the center of its small coil.

Remember Amal’s wise words that magnetic fields are kind of like soap bubbles. It’s kind of like the large tag is better at pulling on the bubble created by the reader, because it’s large and doesn’t break the surface tension. Then as the large tag pulls the bubble larger, it’s easier for the x-series tag to rest on the surface and piggyback off of the larger one.

1 Like

I know. The coil acts as a kind of transformer’s primary. It’s just… sometimes, stuff works. Like I said, if the boosting occured with an incomplete loop for some odd reason, then it’d open the possibility of making an easily implantable booster device that doesn’t require extensive skin slicing to install.

Years agon, (agon was a mistype, but I like it, so i’m keeping it) I had a book, really more of a a pamphlet, that showed how to make an electromagnet for picking up aluminum. This was just at the begining of my being electro-curious, so I didn’t retain specifics.

The idea is that a magnetic field would induce an electric current in the aluminum, which would creat it’s own magnetic field that would oppose the original field. This is how rail guns work.

The trick was using alternating copper/steel layers in the electromagnetic core to somehow twist the field back against itself causing it to attract instead. Kind of a “suck it in” rail gun effect.

With this in mind, and understanding this is likely to be a mental nightmare to design, could a dummy coil be designed to concentrate the lines of flux to a specific location? If you could squeeze the magnetic field to a specific point, and aim it at an implant, then exceptional range, correct?

the chip is so beautiful <3
I’m running already out of space :crying_cat_face:

2 Likes

Seems like the glue exists. And that I can probably leave 1 sticker on for a whole trip to vegas or whatever.

EDIT: Just found some skin stickers, now I gotta find out how to print an antenna onto this…

EDIT 2: Here’s an ad for a company that prints custom NFC antennas.

Continuing this here.

You could literally just stick an inlay on your hand and put a tegaderm or film patch over it to hold it in place.

1 Like

Are we basically talking of using using the bullet tag as a “patch antenna” or am I getting my terminology mixed up / is a patch antenna something different.

You’d need to disable the inlay’s own chip first if you just want its antenna to boost something underneath it.

Also, not much of an implant…

I’d call it a coupling extension since a patch is specifically two coils connected by a bridge.

1 Like

He mentioned in the video you would just replace the chip with a capacitor of the same capacitance as the chip.

Ah okay, I must’ve missed that. My bad…

Okay, I managed to overcome laziness and drag my ass to the lab, and I made a booster coil of my own. Here it is, superglued to my hand:

It’s 8 turns and 22 mm in diameter. It had a 60 pF cap, but I removed it because it made things worse for some reason The red line indicates where my M1k implant is.

I find it extremely position-sensitive: where it sits now, it roughly doubles the range of the M1k. But if I move it just a few millimeters, it does nothing at all. Worse: in certain positions - particularly with the wire crossing the chip perpendicularly the way Amal seems to get the best results, it plain kills the signal. Nothing will read it. It seems to work best with that elongated shape and the chip in the center about 45 degrees.

Strange. At any rate, my finding is that it’s not an easy placement to get any sort of results…