Come on down to crazy Amal's flex-o-ramma-ramma!

Mine coming in this week, might be as soon as later today, or Thursday/Friday. I’m excited and slightly terrified at how this whole thing without anesthesia will feel. And I’m kinda squeaked out by the dermal elevator part of it.

Yeah, that’s a really creepy feeling somehow… depends on the body part where you get it done, but my bodmodartist says that the hand is usually a spot where the skin separates pretty easy. My wrist went really easy as well, took maybe 10-20 minutes to create the pocket. I’d say rather 10 minutes… I usually lose my sense for time when sitting there :wink:

I feel like my long-term association of the grinder scene with Lepht’s descriptions of how brutal some of their installs went has just prepared me for this, but I’m really not feeling anxious or nervous about any of this stuff, even though this is going to be my first flex-style implant.

Hopefully this brashness pays off in the end :sweat_smile:

I feel like this is probably a dumb question, but why can’t the LEDs be connected in parallel to the chip using the same coil?

The LEDs aren’t just loads, they’re also diodes. They’ll clip half of the AC voltage in the coil. Also, they’ll modify the tuning frequency of the tank. Finally, what Amal is doing is assembling off-the-shelf products into a custom package that can be implanted. What you’re suggesting is an entirely custom circuit itself. Not a minor job…

LEDs also have capacitance (all semiconductor junctions do). Even though it’s only a few dozen pF, it causes the resonant frequency to drift away from 13.56MHz. The capacitance and the Inductance have to be juuuuussstt right

1 Like

Just noticed I have the same ruler :sweat_smile: did yours come with a dodgy url too? There was a typo on there first batch that someone bought the url and it was a clone of there site :flushed:

It’s in now. Installer asked me not to video, so no video of the process, but I’m gonna do a full write up tomorrow sometime. Pics to come.

2 Likes

Here it is!

11 Likes

Well that looks incredible. How’s it feel so far?

Still numb for now, far enough from the fingers and the wrist. The side edges make a slight bump in the skin but it might take the shape of the hand over time.
Surprisingly not much pain compaired to finger implants.

Nice to hear! How does it feel being over the tendons in the hand? Any weird sensations when you flex fingers?

Also, if you don’t mind me asking, where’d you have it done?

1 Like

No sensations at all for now but I think it’s too soon to know for sure.
I had it done by a friend body-mod in the south of France and he hated it. To be fair that’s a large pocket he had to make :open_mouth:

BTW has anyone else implanted one yet? I haven’t seen any pictures. It would be nice to have a reference for healing…

Update: 6hours in and I can’t seem to scan it through my hand anymore. I’m 80% sure this is due to swelling and the fact that I can not stretch it due to the bandage

3 Likes

That is fucking B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L … if I didn’t already want one, ugh :heart:

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see how it is healed!

I think you might be the first one to have it installed.

2 Likes

I got mine done yesterday as well. Swelling is also pretty bad so I can’t get a consistent read on it (didn’t help that I was in a motorcycle crash the day before either), but I was happy with the install and the procedure at large.

3 Likes

Are your stitches over the implant?

No, they’re off to the side - the implant is sitting on the back of my forearm, and the stitches are along the outer side of the forearm.

1 Like

oh man… really? even with a lot of swelling you should be getting consistent reads with this monster… what phone / reader are you trying?

Google Pixel 3, so I figured it was also a matter of the reader being finicky. I just checked again and got a decent read now, but I’m also recovering from a motorcycle crash, so my body is swelling a little more than it normally would be for the implant.