Come on down to crazy Amal's flex-o-ramma-ramma!

actually this test is best done in saline… water itself doesn’t conduct, only the salts (ions) dissolved in water do, and typically antiseptic solutions use DI water in them… so a coating failure might not be all that apparent in chlorhex… it’s good to let it sit to maximize effective killing power though, but failure testing is done with saline and other means to speed the process. This test is being conducted in saline, for example;

1 Like

Yes, but on the other hand, the FlexM1 I ordered from you the other day failed on its way here - in the truck, between your QC check and mine, while it was in the bag. So it can happen also, and I reckon there’s value in waiting before implanting a Flex.

2 Likes

true

2 Likes

Got the flexy boi in the mail earlier today. Getting it put in Wednesday. Getting excited.

4 Likes

Please do report back. I’ll be following your experience with interest!

2 Likes

Definitely will. I’m gonna see if my installer will let me/a friend tape the procedure (for science!), but I’ll be reporting back either way Wednesday night.

1 Like

Man, you guys looking all cool with these deliveries, while I’m just sitting here waiting for a shipping email!

planning on having it there on your wrist?

I was planning on getting it installed at the same location if I were to buy one, really excited to see your results!

Same here. I’m glad Ottomagne will be an earlier adopter than me, so I know what to expect when it’s my turn.

I really wonder how the skin is going to feel/react with such a large implant under. This might be best to wait some time to see full effects of the implant.

I’m not that patient though. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

My primary concern is how it’ll heal. And then that “sliding skin” feeling. The latter is something I shouldn’t get as much, since my own FlexNext will have a hole in the middle. Still, that’s a lot of skin that’s not connected to something underneath.

Mine arrived at the end of last week as well - looks fine, I’m going to get it implanted on 08th of august. Reeeeally hyped about it (for I love the procedure as well), and it gives me some weeks to build a “fauxnext” like Rosco did, so my artist can check the correct placement easier^^

Mine coming in this week, might be as soon as later today, or Thursday/Friday. I’m excited and slightly terrified at how this whole thing without anesthesia will feel. And I’m kinda squeaked out by the dermal elevator part of it.

Yeah, that’s a really creepy feeling somehow… depends on the body part where you get it done, but my bodmodartist says that the hand is usually a spot where the skin separates pretty easy. My wrist went really easy as well, took maybe 10-20 minutes to create the pocket. I’d say rather 10 minutes… I usually lose my sense for time when sitting there :wink:

I feel like my long-term association of the grinder scene with Lepht’s descriptions of how brutal some of their installs went has just prepared me for this, but I’m really not feeling anxious or nervous about any of this stuff, even though this is going to be my first flex-style implant.

Hopefully this brashness pays off in the end :sweat_smile:

I feel like this is probably a dumb question, but why can’t the LEDs be connected in parallel to the chip using the same coil?

The LEDs aren’t just loads, they’re also diodes. They’ll clip half of the AC voltage in the coil. Also, they’ll modify the tuning frequency of the tank. Finally, what Amal is doing is assembling off-the-shelf products into a custom package that can be implanted. What you’re suggesting is an entirely custom circuit itself. Not a minor job…

LEDs also have capacitance (all semiconductor junctions do). Even though it’s only a few dozen pF, it causes the resonant frequency to drift away from 13.56MHz. The capacitance and the Inductance have to be juuuuussstt right

1 Like

Just noticed I have the same ruler :sweat_smile: did yours come with a dodgy url too? There was a typo on there first batch that someone bought the url and it was a clone of there site :flushed:

It’s in now. Installer asked me not to video, so no video of the process, but I’m gonna do a full write up tomorrow sometime. Pics to come.

2 Likes