Come on down to crazy Amal's flex-o-ramma-ramma!

Here we go, yeah.

There’s going to be a L O T of space.

We don’t expect to use too much of it - I’ve optimised our code pretty heavily, and encryption keys are pretty small size-wise (under 1kb generally).

I considered the options for surreptitious data movement out-of-band kind of thing. Quite doable.

1 Like

What? No. That’s not doing you fine people any justice at all. If anything, I consider you all co-pilots on spaceship Human Endeavor!

8 Likes

I would, if the bits between the inner tag and the outer antenna are hollowed out, so the skin has a chance to anchor to the underlying flesh wherever possible. Sort of like this:

The bridges of polymer between the two would only be there to ensure the two tags are properly positioned within one another during installation. After that, the body should locate those parts all by itself.

Now that’s an interesting idea!

I have to agree it may be hard to get someone to install that. However, with coils like that the coupling and read range must be really awesome! I would say that for that reason it would be worth considering down the road… :wink:

It actually wasn’t too difficult! The place I go for my x Series implants doesn’t do flex sadly. I sent one email to another place that i know does x series and also does silicone implants and got a yes straight away… tempting!

1 Like

Wow that’s kewl

Just having a quick look to see if @Pilgrimsmaster has mentioned FlexEM+M1 yet :smile:

5 Likes

I mean, he’s not wrong. Me if I had a FlexEM+M1

4 Likes

Where’s the line start!? Always looking to add something new to play with and freak out my Dr.

2 Likes

Hmmm

7 Likes

I do confess, I’m starting to feel like a drug kingpin sussing out designer drugs for high end clients.

15 Likes

You are.
Implant addiction is real.
But at the same time you’re a scientist that develops cyborgs so… it cancels out?

4 Likes

I’m going to look into possibly making a custom antenna loop for the magic gen1a 1k chip so it’s just slightly larger than the T5577 disc… make the overall size of the device as small as possible.

5 Likes

In that case, any prototypes with the glow powder?

not quite yet… i still need to find the ideal mix ratio… the kind of work I loath… but is necessary for my own sanity

I wish I was more able to help. I have so much freaking time on my hands but not really a lot of knowledge on a lot of these subjects. That being said, if there’s ever any simpler / monotonous / grunt work that needs doing, I’m definitely available to volunteer my time.

5 Likes

11 Likes

2 Likes

@anon3825968 holy shit haha

8 Likes