Could a stun gun be implanted?

Before I forget,

Yea this, welcome

But if you have access to a non subdermal stun Gun, I challenge you you slide I piece of deli meat down, past the contacts and onto the insulation and hit the trigger and watch what happens

1 Like

Just to be clear, I think this is theoretically possible, but not a good idea ( Read, really bad idea )

Just use a finger :point_right:

Brass knuckles stick out far but are designed in such a way as to reduce the impact of the punch for the person delivering it. It seems to me an implanted brass knuckle might potentially be designed in the same way.

It wouldnā€™t be just one piercing, but four with several implanted parts and anchors.

Iā€™ve seen the electric brass knuckles, but the idea was to have it inside you so itā€™s always on you.

Of course it might not be the most effective weapon, but would be cool nonetheless and make your punch just a little more painful.

Or, another idea I had, was just a little electrical touch. Just for fun. Like having a permanent violet wand effect. Not sure how that would work either.

I guess with something this complex I would need a lot more experience and knowledge and a good amount of trial and error before I knew whether or not it would work.

Important question, were they made of something MORE or less conductive than flesh?

See what @Backpackingvet said,

This is the equivalent of rolling your knuckles in glass, except itā€™s not going to do anything to the other guy

Correct. They have a bit that goes to your palm. I agree the front of the knuckles could be protected, but how would you pierce them in a way you could add palm support?

I am confused, as you mention taking them off to recharge also.

Agreed.

Made of the same thing I would make the implant out of.

And it would be more like the equivalent of using an electrical brass knuckle. Only It would be under the skin instead of on top.

This is within the realm of possible without massive levels of stupid,

Again, the contacts will need to be farther from your skin than each other, itā€™s an important point Iā€™m not going to stop hitting

But for an electric plasma lighter now your talking 1/8ā€ air gap

This :arrow_heading_up:

Did you post you question on https://forum.biohack.me/ ?

1 Like

SKIN

IS

ELECTRICALLY

CONDUCTIVE

Yeah, that bit that goes in the palm might add a lot more protection than I give it credit for. But you could add the padding around the fingers, at least, so it would be more evenly distributed.
I think it would have to work in two parts-part would be under the skin and the other part could be unscrewed and recharged, although exactly which parts go where is another question

I canā€™t wait to see what you come up with. Iā€™m not here to tell you why your idea is good or bad. Just a curious passerby.

1 Like

Which is why they add insulation to the device. So would I.

I would suggest you read up about the PegLeg, and the R&D and time that has gone into that, your idea is much more complicated than that.

How about

2 Likes

I signed up for it. Waiting to be let in.

Yeah, I should definitely at least wait until Iā€™ve graduated from my body mod school and learned basics before I dive into this project, lol.

If the spikes were positioned right above the knuckle bone and had silicone padding that would probably absorb more impactā€¦rightā€¦? More like punching somebody than like punching somebody while wearing a ring which is never pleasant

It seems Iā€™ve ran out of replies for today so Iā€™ll have to just edit this.

Edit: Uhhhā€¦ no. Thatā€™s not what Iā€™m proposing. Iā€™m proposing something thatā€™s insulated from the skin and positioned far enough away so as to work like a regular stun gun, only difference is that itā€™s attached to the hand instead of simply being held by it. I can create my own diagram if need be and post it tomorrow

As for preventing it from moving aroundā€¦ I wonder just how far you can go with the silicone, like could you wrap it around the finger bone? Like a ring under the skin? Hmmm

2 Likes

Ok gimme a minute and let me get on a computer to make a picture about this

this is what you are proposing

you think that this will happen

remember, you are made of stuff MUCH MUCH more conductive than the air, and electricy will follow the path of least resistance which is this

4 Likes

Depends on surface area.

Think of slapping a balloon filled with water. Slap it open hand, and it jiggles. Slap it with a pen, it pops.

I think besides the electrical component, this will be a barrier for you also. So say you finally have the silicone base down in your knuckle. It wonā€™t push back and hurt anymore. Butā€¦

How do you keep them from sliding around like a joystick? Just another thought.

1 Like

But how stiff is silicone?

Not bad ideas, just got real tough execution for them. That surgery would be intense, and at that price, I feel it would be a one time thing.

Iā€™m going to finish with this

Iā€™ve taken a lot of less lethal training

Iā€™ve been hit with OC (pepper spray)

Iā€™ve been hit with a stun gun

We were not allowed to be hit with the taser, as if you have a undiagnosed heart condition it could be fatal, but those that I know that have HAD to get tasered, would almost all rather choose taser over OC, because while the taser hurts more, it only lasts a few seconds and then itā€™s over

(Hint, why is there no risk with a stun gun?)

Getting hit with a stun gun will make you flinch in pain for literally a second mostly from surprise , and then not only are you fine, but you are highly motivated to beat someoneā€™s ass in the most spectacular way and now youā€™re ready for the zap

OC is debilitating, I could not open my eyes without using my fingers to manually do so for 30 minutes

I normally wonā€™t make this comparison so congrats

Iā€™ve been shot, the pepper spray was by far worse for a solid 20 minutesā€¦ until after the adrenaline crash

Iā€™d let someone hit me with a stun gun for 5$, provided I get to punch them afterwards

Pepperspray isnā€™t happening for less than a grand

Pepperspray works because it literally makes your eyes slam shut, allowing you to escape or gain control of a combatant
Glowing embers in your eye pain is merely a bonus

A taser works because it causes the Persons muscles to lock up, no muscles - no movement - no movement no fight
Whole body riding the lightning pain is a bonus

Pain is a terrible way to stop someone, because thanks to evolution in the middle of a fight your body is programmed to ignore lots and lots of pain

You need to effect one of 5ish systems

Skeletal, canā€™t fight if you canā€™t walk
Circulation, loose enough blood you pass out
Nervous, canā€™t fight if you canā€™t control muscles
Respiratory, hard* to fight if you canā€™t breathe
Psychological (very tricky, but imagine hearing a bullet crack by the side of your face, you are now very motivated to re evaluate some things)

In summary

Maybe a stun gun scares someone off, or maybe you piss them off enough to turn your face inside out
You can roll those dice

1 Like

So many great things have been said already!!

I personally like to help give wings to any kind of weird projects, since so many actual innovations come out from side effects of experimentation!!

But in this particular case, there are just SO many pitfalls!!

@Pilgrimsmaster and @Eriequiet have already expertly mentioned most of the core issues with the technical feasibility.

They even already mentioned about legal aspects.

So besides stating that ā€œwhilst it is theoretically possible to come up with something that does what you are askingā€, the device will look so much different than what you are expectingā€¦ to the point that carrying a handheld device is easier and more efficientā€¦

I think the only new things to add here are logical fallacies.

First, the whole purpose behind having it implanted is that itā€™s hidden and wonā€™t be dropped.

Soā€¦ being hiddenā€¦ not the case.
An electric brass knuckle can be hidden. an implant can only be hidden to an extentā€¦ I.E. any metal detector or scan will pick that up: good luck ever boarding on an airplane again! Whilst an electric brass knuckle can actually be smuggled into it.

Nowā€¦ not droppingā€¦ Also not the case.
not only because as long as I have a table, chair or a gutter around, I can always stomp it our of your hand.
But malign intent aside, donā€™t forget that you do want to drop weapons in many valid situations during a fight.

If I am to fight someone with a knife, my main priority is to disarm them.
If you are carrying a knife or a taser, I just need to make you drop it, without harming you too much (else I am in trouble when the police arrives).
But if I cannot make you drop your weapon, then the easiest way to disarm you is by breaking your elbow (which is surprisingly easy to achieve)ā€¦ And that is also acceptable as a reaction.

So by having it implanted, you are actually only allowing people to fuck you over even more.

Now on a side derailā€¦ The non-techy reasons why I think you donā€™t actually want that implant are the same reasons why I think carrying a knife to a fight is the most imbecile Idea ever:

A knife makes you ā€œwin moreā€, but only if you are already winning. While it makes you ā€œLose worstā€ if you are losing.
What does that mean?

If you are fighting someone whoā€™s weaker than you, you will win with or without the knife. So itā€™s not really a benefit. (All it does is add negative side effects, such asā€¦ now You go to jail instead of just getting told off by the police)

If you are fighting someone in your level, drawing a knife does give you an edge (ba-dum-tss), but then you are much more likely to get someone else drawing a gun at youā€¦ (I assume youā€™ve never been in a real-life knife fight before). People who would have let you and your adversary resolve things between yourselves will now intervene if they realise you have a knife/brass knucklesā€¦ And you will regret it.

Now, if you fight someone better than youā€¦ Having a weapon is the worst thing you can do! Sounds counter intuitive? So bear with meā€¦
If someone comes unarmed against a seasoned fighter, they are seen as a minor nuisance, so they are gonna get a controlled beating. But if they come armed, then they are a risk which must be neutralised (by much more damaging methods)

4 Likes