Could a stun gun be implanted?

The problem with pepper spray is that you need time to take the safety off which, in a fight, you simply don’t have. Plus, you can accidentally spray yourself if you don’t know which way the wind is blowing.

Stun guns may not drop a person like a taser would. But is getting punched with a fist or an electric brass knuckle going to be more debilitating? There is a reason why brass knuckles are illegal. I mean technically shooting somebody with my pistol would be the most effective, but there’s no reason to go that far.

To answer whether or not we should, I’m going to agree with Eyeux when they said so many things come from just the process of trying something new. Take electric pens. Honestly probably the dumbest invention ever made by Edison, I mean who is too lazy to press on a pen while writing? But because of that, now we have tattoo machines. So even bad ideas can be good ideas, even when they don’t work out as planned.

Eyeux, you make some good points. I’m not going to rely on this as my main source of protection. As a fairly paranoid person who has actually been in a couple of fist fights and a knife fight once before, but nothing serious, I tend to carry around as many weapons as I can get away with. Of course, you can’t bring a pistol with you everywhere, nor is something like that an appropriate response to every threat. The main reason I would want something like this is because, in the event I did get into a fight, I would like the ability to beat the crap out of my opponent in as many ways as possible. The best way to get the upper hand is of course to be the strongest in the fight, which is why I work out every day.

Bottom line is I’m not going to stop at anything to make my body the most intimidating weapon that I can make it and if that means implanting electric brass knuckles into my fist, good luck trying to talk me out of it XD :zap:

The hard part is finding out just how to go about doing something like that. I’ll figure it out.

Besides, I happen to know some ladies like a little zap in the bedroom… if I can just achieve that, I’ll be happy with the result.

…or just not getting into a fight?

This just sounds like calling for trouble in so many ways… I mean, why? Where do you live that somerthing like that sounds like a good idea?

And just to add something to the initial idea - I had microdermal implants for quite some time, and applying pressure to them was quite unpleasant. If I imagine to have them on my knuckles, with tons of nerves and, more important, bones beneath them, I would hurt myself a lot more than any opponent, Like, a lot.

For the rest of the whole “fighting with weapons”-idea, I just agree with Eyeux.

1 Like

Sometimes there are people who need to be defended from people who need to be taught a lesson, and being able to actually teach that lesson without using lethal force is a good ability, in my opinion. Sometimes drunk guys can get out of line at the bar. There were a couple of guys hassling my girlfriend. I really regret that I didn’t pound their faces into the ground. They were asking for it.

Attacking people with violent force who were attacking others with words is a no-go for me. Defending yourself or others when being violently attacked is something else, but still… de-escalation might be some good idea from time to time…

2 Likes

@Perpetuapolyphemus
could I ask, Are you in your early 20’s?

1 Like

They weren’t using words. They wouldn’t stop even after several warnings. Things escalated. They started following us after we left. I pulled out a knife and told them to back off. One guy left eventually but the other just kept daring me to do it. I just knicked him with the tip before he backed away but every day I regret that I hadn’t punched his lights out. These things happen sometimes, I would like to be prepared for them when they do.

Late twenties

Hm, so you were the first one to draw a weapon… and actually regret that you didn’t do more harm to someone unarmed…

I don’t say something like that easily, but - I definitely do not like that.

1 Like

When they were getting physical with her and following us on an empty road, I feel like feeling threatened was appropriate. Two guys against one is not exactly a fair fight.

What would you have done? Let them catch up to us, take me down and do God knows what to her?

That’s why I asked where you live, for I never ever got into such a situation. Had some “fights” at school, but everything afterwards was easily solved with words.
I would defend my beloved one with my life, yes, but only as a last resort - running away is always a safer option. Or calling for help. I spent quite a lot of my teenage-time around streetpunks and junkies, and yet never got into such a situation…
And still, trying to make your body an “intimidating weapon” is just calling for trouble.

I live in a rural area. We don’t have a lot of street gangs or anything like that. But we do have a lot of drinking and bar fights are common.

Yea you do

This is where being trained in something is important

Your states laws on it are vague, but I’d bet if you do some stupid shit they would charge you with dangerous weapon in a heartbeat,
In addition if it works like brass knuckles, they are brass knuckles regardless of them being semi attached to your hand… you’re talking about making you can’t even use anyways

I’ll circle back to this

You also can’t take a stun gun with you, so good luck ever flying, going to court, going to a concert etc

In a nut shell, this is your issue,
I’m being fully serious, you need to drop the macho ego, when I worked as an instructor I failed students for the shit you’re saying now, it’s going to do nothing but dig you a hole

“He will win, who knows when to fight and when not to fight” Sun Tzu

I seriously suggest you get some training and familiarization with use of force, and your state laws

In addition you need to learn that even IF you have legal justification for using force, that doesn’t mean you won’t still go to jail

Friend of mine is a hardcore karate, and knife fu guy
Couldn’t get out of a situation, guy present a lethal threat to him, so he sliced him

According to the law, he could have

He took the fall for it, because juries often rule out of fear and shock not just legal wording

Judge literally said he would have been better off shooting the guy because it has better optics

Carrying around an arsenal of weapons will only hurt how you are presented when you go to court,

Squaring up in a macho manner you describe immediately negates self defense, as you are now a mutual combatant

Btw when you get arrested, you think they will leave it in? Lol

I’m urging you to reconsider a lot of this both for your benefit of not going to jail, and it will give the rest of us some seriously bad PR we don’t need

2 Likes

It is appropriate to feel threatened

But this is silly, You are saying there is only fight or submit. Why not call the cops, go into an establishment, or just putting more space between you two and the drunks.
I know I don’t know the full situation as you haven’t put it in detail, but there is a lot of precautionary things you could have put in place.

This feels like picking at straws, in the situation you mentioned down bellow, pepper spray could have been effective, or even a handheld taser if it came to be closer. Fuck they even put tasers in phone cases nowadays.

I know your question is if it could be done, not if it was practical. so yes? but not in a way that is at all an implant. something like this would be like a power glove that zaps. We have talked about microdermals before and their constant rejection rate, plus the issue of grounding, I don’t care how insulated you think you are, having electric metal embedded in your skin is gonna try make its way to ground via you.

1 Like

Stun gun, yes there’s a difference

1 Like

yea sorry stun gun, imagine how much of a pain putting a loaded prong kit into a phone case would be…

Thanks - this is exactly what I was trying to say.
All the stuff he wrote just sounded a lot too offensive for being used for self-defense…

1 Like

Yea I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt at first,

But there’s a chunk of people who aren’t REALLY looking to defend themselves, they are looking for an excuse to be the tough guy without being the bad guy, walking around with a chip on your shoulder

We call them the “I wish they would” person, sooo many articles of these people going to jail for becoming a mutual combatant or trying to play cop

One of the first lessons I try to teach people, and it’s also the hardest,

you win every fight you avoid

Even if you beat the other guy, you still loose because depending on the force level, your night is ruined, people think less of you, you are probably going to jail either way that night, might spend up to 50k in legal defense to prove your innocence
(Know several this has happened to)

Seriously, FIRST take some LESS LETHAL training, not a conceal carry class, then if you feel the need for a higher level of force,get a carry license and carry a gun (but I would seriously rethink your stance and perspectives first, but hey your freedom on the line not mine)

1 Like

This.
But far too many (especially men) think they have to be one of those “I-wish-they-would-persons” to impress their girlfriend or whatever…

Honestly, I like it when a man looks like he could defend (!) himself. But someone actually getting in a serious fight, no matter the outcome, leads to all involved people instantly losing their sexyness :smile:

We had this interesting discussion about guns and self-defense in the derail-thread, and I think I forgot to mention it there, but I’m really happy that there are instructors with a mindset like yours :+1:

Thanks,
I’ll be honest though, I had a few years too where I thought I was hot shit

The dunning kruger effect is very strong in the self defense / gun community (different communities but similar issues)

Without fail you’re the cockiest when you’re also the most ignorant,

This is why I advocate training very passionately, and rarely call my self an expert at anything, I consider myself a professional student
(There’s more than one valley of despair in that graph lol)
The phrase “you don’t know what you don’t know”
Was pounded into my head by instructors far wiser than me that I was lucky to be a student of,
It’s meaning takes a while to fully digest and absorb however

What genuinely sucks is that it’s honestly a lot harder to try to teach people about LESS lethal force than lethal, because of ego / misconceptions / more nuance

5 Likes

@Eriequiet has already expertly pointed out most of the issues. @Coma, and @vampire_blue have already pointed out your main issues… so I’ll abstain from commenting further on these.

I can understand your frustration, though. And I can see why your ego is hurt and screaming for you to “look stronger”. But that won’t help you.

I’m abstaining from questioning your motives (despite pottentialy agreeing with them) to focus only on the fallacy of your approach to these.

And with that said, you need to understand that having an intimidating body is a bad thing, not a good one. And for so many reasons!

So for the sake of argumentation, let’s just assume I am a bully and you are the guy coming in to defend my poor victim, ok?

If you show up with a very intimidating body, and I “the bully” am there with my posse. I simply cannot back out now. Because I must show o my posse that I am the “alpha male”.

So by looking intimidating, you are the one escalating the situation.

Now I will be actually afraid, but because I cannot demonstrate, I will go for you with all I have. Which most likely includes at least a knife or a gun.

Let’s assume you beat the crap out of me…

Because you are menacing, my posse will see you as an enemy, and they all will go for you.

Given that you are relying on weapons and on “making yourself menacing”, I seriously doubt you would win this battle against many.

Now you lie beaten out, and because of you there is a posse of people full of adrenaline and a defenseless victim there. trust me: they will now beat the crap out of those innocents, much worst than if you did nothing.

Now picture the same scene…

But instead of having a body that looks super intimidating and a bunch of weapons… you just look like a normal guy.

You come up to me, but this time I, “the bully”, don’t feel threatened by you. This is a great thing.

Why so?
Because firstly I will feel overconfident instead. This is my chance to show off to my posse. So I will mock you. I will make fun of you.

But you won’t back off… So I will either push you or try to punch you. That’s when you can throw me on the ground and toss in a smirk remark.

Done. With that you saved a victim. Because now you discredited me. Which triggers a social behaviour where my posse will predate upon myself. They won’t give a fuck about the defenseless victim anymore.

I will try to beat you, of course, but now I will be unballanced with rage. So if you know how to fight, you can beat me easily. and that’s all you will need to do. The posse won’t be a problem anymore. The victim will be safe.

I am not telling you all this just to be “politically correct” or to “try and get you safe”.

I am telling you this as someone who obviously have seen, and been, on far too many more of those shitty situations than you. And who also chose to keep his head high.
As someone who grew up a goth kid in a city riddled with neo-nazi gangs…
Where you would have to always be alert and ready to jump to the ground, even on your own home, not to be hit by a stray bullet.

So trust me on this one:

You don’t want to “make your body into a menacing weapon”.
You want to learn how to fight instead.

Because when you do, when you truly learn how to fight, you’ll get past the need for vulgar displays of power or ego boosts.
You’ll understand that every single fight, every one of those shitty situations… they are determined way before the first blow is dealt.
And knowing this will allow you to protect others without even needing to actually fight.

Just pick an art that has some philosophy behind it. Some form of Budo, or a non-westernized Muay Thai, or a traditional Kung Fu, etc…

3 Likes