COVID-19 projects

Before you get to tempted, cold branding hurts like a bastard. Just as much or worse than being branded with heat.

1 Like

Have a mate who ended up cold branding himself during a incident in a lab at uni. Had a white patch of hair for years.

1 Like

I didn’t mind a regular brand. I would never do it again because of the smell.

I think this would be fun to try at least once. I would imagine it would only hurt for several minutes, and just feel sore after for a bit.

Its a suprisingly strong ache and it can become infected. There are also the possibilities of blisters like with normal burns.

1 Like

My other brand didn’t blister, it burned right through. It was pretty much an open wound for a loooong while.

https://forum.dangerousthings.com/t/flexem-available-for-pre-order

2 Likes

There about 1.25mm thick right? How noticeable would that be under the skin?

1 Like

yep I’m calling it 1.3mm thick… but probably closer to 1.25… totally depends on the skin and tissue, but considering a NExT is 2.1mm in diameter… some people can see theirs easily while others cannot… it all depends on the person.

2 Likes

I am on the edge, its my wife’s birthday, so I cannot go broke in one day! Will it be up for 2 weeks? Count me in next payday.

yeah i think i’ll let it run for a bit… count up the orders, then get the materials needed to make a batch or two.

3 Likes

Oh good, I have some planning to do

2 Likes

I know what you mean, I’m thinking I’ll mock it up and 3d print it to get an idea for placement. On that note @amal can we safely assume that the Apex dimensions will be similar to the Tesla flex or do you have specific dimensions for me to whip up a model from?

Well count my order in for 2 weeks from now. I was going to order the xM1… but not so sure now.

1 Like

This was the last post I saw, I am not sure if Amal has settled on the size, But I hope that narrows it down for you

1 Like

I’ll make a parameterised moel and print the largest.

1 Like

If you want an implant for passwords /pins via a changeable UID ( NUID ) implant, you currently only have 2/3 Options
NExT/ xEM
or
xM1
Shortly
the FlexM1 range

But
If you go for the Vivokey line, you are kind of playing a different ball game…

Sounds like you have some deciding to do

1 Like

tenor (5)

1 Like

Missed this one? Or is it a hidden page like the xglo i found the other day?

Or is that an Apex name I have just not heard used.

Mark me down for a flex m1 / xapex when the time comes. :wink:
editPulling out on the m1. Need more than 4 characters. Will start looking into LF readers and use the EM side of the NExT