Custom dngr.us urls

Perhaps this?

When I click the demo button it seems to auto play correctly

Never mind I didn’t fully read it, it might be what I thought… phone won’t automate without some user interaction

Perhaps make a iniquitous button that THEN starts the roll ?

none of those auto played for me :frowning:

still rick rolling even if it’s a gif or text :smiley:

1 Like

At this point I’m probably just going to put the lyrics there.

1 Like

rick-roll-ascii

2lbply

5 Likes

Sorry, this is all my fault, I got you into this so I’ll get you out:

Rick Roll (Different link + no ads)

1 Like

How can you tell there will be no ads ? Youtube is adding them by themselves no?

I use Firefox on Android and it is set by default to block autoplay of videos. Safari on iOS is likely the same. It’s mostly a paradigm shift of people not wanting to be annoyed by autoplaying videos.

I was about to link to my preferred video that has never had ads then I clicked on it and yt put an ad in…

I don’t use the my chip for much besides the UID so I just put a YT link because I had so many people that didn’t believe that I had it even if I had them feel my hand.

This is the video I linked :laughing:

2 Likes

one thing i want to do eventually for a vivokey service for members is a peertube instance so ad-free video hosting can be part of the membership package.

5 Likes

So this works and auto plays on my iphone
If someone with an android can confirm it works

This is the auto play link

Shortened link
https://bit.ly/3PWZSPf

Perhaps just redirect to that url? @amal this would be perfect

edit confirmed with an IPhone XR and a Galaxy s20 5g

2 Likes

As an additional thought @amal,

Looks like the html code is available on that GitHub, so you could just repeat it on DT itself, and/or make some other variations aswell

Such as one of my Go to favorites mr roboto

1 Like

No autoplay on my phone

github says it doesn’t support all android variants :confused:

Well it was a shot I guess

Probably about as good as you’re gonna get really. There’s a reason modern browsers block autoplay and it’s not easy to bypass. If there was a way, then I’m sure scammers would be on it like flies on hot garage.

I mean they ARE, I’d just like to use their evil for our 𝙴̶𝚅̶𝙸̶𝙻̶ fun

1 Like