Custom Unifi Access flexDF2 batch

Hello all :slight_smile:

If anyone has a UniFi Access setup (or wants one) and would like a custom flexDF2 loaded up with UniFi’s “proprietary security mechanisms”, I am organizing a small batch of conversions with Amal and wanted to give the community the opportunity to also get one if they wanted. This way you won’t have to rely on UID to authenticate with your UniFi access system.

Feel free to reach out to Amal if you are interested.

4 Likes

Hi guys,

I just ordered a flexDF2 and I’m curious whether anything eventuated from this.

You will probably be interested in a java applet, have you checked out this thread?

follow the link a couple of posts below it.
it needs more support

1 Like

hey,
If I understand you correctly, are you going to make a flex of the UI secured RFID card?

Yes, that is the eventual goal I hope. Initially the idea was to be able to convert these using the antennas that already exist and are used for other implants, sadly the electrical properties of this chip dont match with any of those available antennas. After seeing the custom antennas being designed by others, I thought I should give it a shot at designing my own antenna for these Unifi Access cards.

There most likely still be a need for a few more board iterations/modifications before it is functional however, so stay tuned. :slight_smile: I work a full time job so I work on this project sporadically when I have some free time to spare. It is quite the learning process that is for sure! It really makes me appreciate all the hard work that has gone into the implants we are lucky to have available to us.

1 Like

Looking good for sure.
May I ask what the difference is in security?
At the moment I use my FlexMT in combination with Unifi Access and it works great :slight_smile:

From what I understand: with the Unifi Access hub, unless you are using their proprietary cards, you are using only the UID for security. Which honestly is perfectly fine in the personal scope of a home access system.

Ok, and what would be the difference for professional use?