Cyborg tunes, jams, bops, etc

Here’s a playlist of some of my favorites.

As far as bands, I really like Battle Tapes, there’s quite a few of their songs on there.

And who can forget Billy Idol!

2 Likes

Wife watching this show called Search Party

I find the show interesting enough to keep tabs on in the background while doing other things… but the theme song caught me…

Now it’s on repeat for the day… I will ruin it for myself, then lose interest in the show. Perfect.

3 Likes

Purity Ring makes a few… interesting to listen to songs.

1 Like

Always makes me imagine Soundwave is singing it.

2 Likes

how come no one mentioned Ghost in the Shell yet?!?

(I obviously like the original better, but this trailer might reach a wider audience here. Also, Depeche :purple_heart:) :wink:

Or Serial Experiments Lain… decades ahead of it’s own time!
Here seen in a combo with Rob Zombie (which also relates a lot to cyborgey things imho)

Or Ergo Proxy, which has both the best cyberpunk noir detective character “Re-L Mayer” and the cutest automata character “Pino”, imho. (Albeit not a huge fan of some aspects in the series)

Ok… my predilection to the Japanese philisophical approach to cyberpunk themes is showing much, so…

How about some South Korean, with Seungriho?

it’s on Netflix as “Space Sweepers” and portrays the best robot I’ve seen on any Space Pirate genre so far!

now if you just want songs…

Plasterbrain is a brilliant artist and dev (web and games) up to her neck in cyberpunk stuff.
Most of her songs are scored for game soundtracks.
some examples: Stream Exorcism On The Red Line (Senka's Theme) by plasterbrain | Listen online for free on SoundCloud or Stream Theories by plasterbrain | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Also, friend sent me this playlist and I’ve skipped over very few things:

1 Like

Whenever someone mentions Ergo Proxy, I get a little happy inside. I dunno why that one is so underappreciated?! I also think Tsutomu Nihei’s works like NOiSE and BLAME! (and others) definitely fit the cyberpunk theme.

1 Like

One of the most cyber-feeling songs in my all-time-favourite playlist…

Grendel - New Flesh

The album with this song is already 14 years old, but I still love it :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Any love for Sega Genesis - shadowrun?

2 Likes

Played is to much on emulators! :sweat_smile:

It is one of my all time favourites. but I think it’s too philosophical for most of the western anime audience? (Just like Lain: most people I know who like them both quite dislike anime as a whole).

I was sure you were going to post them!! :star_struck:

Now, some more jams!

Something by Perturbator along with the best you could get from MTV’s golden age of animation:
Aeon Flux:

ok, ok… no more videos!! :sweat_smile:
so… Eisenfunk?

or OddKo?

now something most folks will hate… :grimacing:

come on, it’s uplifting! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Ha! No way… :rofl:
I’d never imagine anyone outside of the tiny (nearly-dead) cybergoth bunch in Germany would know that… had a lot of fun with that tune :wink:

I just recently discovered synthwave (actually through a pixel-art-ish indie game on steam^^)… very interesting stuff!

It’s so strange and crazy that I actually like it… kinda… somehow :smile:

8 Likes

Watched this last night thanks to your reply, and honestly loved it, had it set to original language with english subtitles and loved it even more, I love how each person had their language and wasnt dubbed, made it so much better and better fitting to the story when they mentioned the universal translators

Glad to see someone appreciating it!!
The last scenes from Bubs are epic! :heart_eyes:

so… keeping on with some flicks then…
How about Sogo Ishi’s masterpiece? Straight from Japan’s golden age of Punk Cinema, starring punk legend Michiro Endo:

Burst City!

It’s a raw cyberpunk opera! (so loads of tunes there)

And for the most western minded folks here, featuring the glorious days from Ice-T and the best role from Keanu Reeves career (and only only movie he hasn’t ruined. imho):

Johnny Mnemonic!

Since they have a track from KMFDM in the soundtrack, which is a band that definitely gets me in a ‘cyberpunkey’ mood, and we’re talking about music here… this clip also has many other KMFDM songs and a few good flick recommendations from the 90s! :wink:

and I definitely can’t recommend Johnny Mnemonic enough!

Now back to songs…

Ok, won’t push it on today’s post then, least this changes! :sweat_smile:

I danced far too much to Eisenfunk! Maybe more than I should care to admit… :rofl:

Also another nugget from Germany I listened far too much, and still brings me the cyborgey feels:

Girls Under Glass!

And here you get some sweet Thai EBM:

If you have any direct links to the original composer I appreciate. I only tracked it as far as the studio behind the animation that tune is a theme to, then didn’t put much more effort into it.

1 Like

Coincidentally, i just watched Johnny Mnemonic last night. Also coincidentally, it was set in 2021

2 Likes
1 Like

This song belongs in this thread:

6 Likes

I vote for this to be the official DT forum theme song.

6 Likes

It sure does.
I love those crazy Norwegians!

There’s something about them that kinda screams “Gunther” and makes me giggle (For the sake of everyone’s sanity I won’t link Gunther here).
But shame on you if you don’t know it!

3 Likes

One of my fav albums is James Holden’s The Inheritors:

It is violent and primal, profoundly human and yet not. I’ve always interpreted the whole album as the soundtrack of humanity yielding to the machines, with the penultimate track being the last purely human work, and the final track the first purely machine-made one.

2 Likes