Does anyone have VR or be interested in VR content?

Hey everyone, I think we might try to have a little beta event in the VR space soon. You don’t need a headset, (you can load the client on windows), though the experience is much more enjoyable if you do. You definitely need an AltspaceVR account though.

My name there is amalgraafstra (such hacker, much wow)

1 Like

How soon is soon?
Should I toss my headset on?

1 Like

Hah probably next week or so? I’ll put a schedule up on the announcements category.

2 Likes

Oh… he types from inside vr

Just a humble request, can you try to schedule for a Saturday or Sunday?

Obviously we are all scattered around the globe which is hard enough, but getting out of work just makes it harder

Saturday or Sunday doesn’t guarantee everyone will be free, but it’s probably a better chance

1 Like

We have a private world Beta in AltSpaceVR
(so we don’t have random people filling up the space)

To be added to this world’s group, I need your accountName.

Look forward to meet you guys there.

My account name is

RyuuzakiJulio

People who is on the list can actually join at any time.
So feel free to come and check it out anytime.
Also feedback would be nice.
So for the event we will just arrange a date-time that is convenient and we all join to our private world at the time we want.

4 Likes

Don’t mind posting mine here, my AltSpace account name is just darthdomo :slight_smile:

Look forward to seeing it.

2 Likes

Was literally just playing in alt space,

Pretty sure my user is either eriequit or eq

1 Like

I saw you there but now the eldest is playing a fishing game hahah

All good, I saw you were on but didn’t want to bug ya

I’m only there in altspace to be bugged :wink:

Besides having my name posted here, is there anything else I need to do to get added to the space? Their interface is a bit wonky, want to make sure I’m not missing anything.

All I can do is add it to a textfile, can you confirm which one is your account name?

No, that’s it, I just needed to add it to a list and update the group.
You are free to join now.
Their interface is not the most intuitive, but kinda does the job… kinda… ^^

Please add me! My username is IlliterateBeef

I decided to give Oculus Quest 2 a go mainly out of curiosity but most of the reviews on Best Buy website say you have to have a Facebook account to use it.

Is this true?

For the most part, yes.

I created a burner account for mine. As long as it has your real name, same as your Oculus account, it doesn’t cause any issues.

I definitely understand why some aren’t okay with that compromise, though.

I tried several times a few months back to create a Facebook account (legit and/or burner) they never approve it. I’ve tried contesting it, I’ve tried several different email addresses, the only thing I think may work is to give them a different phone number (which I don’t have).

Every night I cry into my pillow because Facebook won’t accept me for who I am.

yeah, my FB account was suspended years ago without warning because apparently my real name is “fake”. Any and all attempts to contact support resulted in no reply.

In my case, it was a blessing. But now that the oculus is attached to it? They need to fix that.

I have never had one because when I first tried to sign up you had to have graduated from an American university, and neither of my degrees are American.