Door lock with NeXt

Hi community,
I‘m searching for a door lock which works with the Next. It should be a double side electric.

The wilka e207 card looks good.

Any experience with some?

Thanks

1 Like

What is the name of the door lock because I want to know?

They said

1 Like

Let me research that I want to see just the details OK.

Howdy

this is the chip compatibility matrix, scroll down to NExT and scroll over to door locks to see what’s been verifiably used with that chip :}

2 Likes

Thanks. I‘ve took a look at the Matrix but the wilka is not in there. As of my research this should works. Maybe someone has tested it.

2 Likes

I think @JennyMcLane may have one of those locks. Perhaps she’ll have some info.

1 Like

I have the Wilka E204, with the reader only on the external side.
Ive had it for over a year and no issues working with my NExT.

2 Likes

Do you think smart locks will be in the future I just want your opinion because I found this cool design on Wikipedia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_lock
Of smart lock and designed?

smart locks already exist buddy!

2 Likes

Do you think smart locks will be popular in the future that a mean?

I think they already are popular, There are many options on the market, using a variety of technology; smart home/WiFi, Bluetooth, RFID etc.
I know of 3 people currently building new homes and all three are installing at least 1 smart lock of some description

1 Like

The Wilka lock confuses me. Is it a replacement for a deadbolt or for a knob?

1 Like

I have the Wilka lock. You need to buy it from DIGIWELL to get the perfect version. It lights green (only RFID Vetsion)
Blue: RFID & Bluetooth i got furst tve wrong vetsion - the bluetooth works only with the flexmplants.

The lock will work with the NExT

2 Likes

It just replaces the internal cylinder in the door. Only one part of the locking mechanism.

The door and handle are not replaced. When you order from Digiwell like myself and @JennyMcLane did, you need the internal and external measurements for your door to make sure the length is correct and fits your door.

Just make sure your house doesn’t look too conspicuous or obviously full of stuff with a high resale value, because those cylinders are about as burglar-proof as a door chain.

1 Like

Depends on what kind of door and frame you have. If you have one of these locks and use it with a door what has a single locking point it doesn’t really mean much. You can just break in with brute force.

Having said that, I don’t think I know anyone who has ever had their house or apartment broken into where I live.

1 Like

It’s not a door problem, it’s a cylinder problem. The issue is that, by design, the entire locking mechanism is on the outside. One good whack with a sledgehammer, and all you need it a pair of pliers or a large flat screwdriver to turn the tailpiece of the cam.

Those integrated NFC cylinders are very convenient, but they also provide a really easy-to-exploit point of weakness for a burglar to attack. And because of their obvious shape, putting one of those things on your door is like putting a sign on your house that says “this house is an easy target” for anyone walking by with less than good intentions.

So yeah, okay for an apartment or a house in a very peaceful neighborhood, possibly. But anywhere else, not so much…

1 Like

Why the lock isn‘t save for a house? You need a fob etc to get in. If you damage the handle there is the cylinder itself in the door.

1 Like

I’d don’t know if I agree with that.

Unless you are explicitly targeted, they look for the easiest target. If I was going to break into a house I’d be looking at how nice the house is, not how expensive I think the lock is.

If you are going to go at a lock with a hammer, and potentially make loads of noise, then there is a much easier way to gain entry. Ground floor window.

But like I said, it’s not something that’s considered much for most places in Ireland. Home alarm systems are very visible because they are deterrents, whether they are connected to anything internally or not.

1 Like