Door lock with NeXt

Of course. Usually the robber look for the fastest,
most easy and most quiet chance to get into a house.

1 Like

It’s not just a handle: it controls whether or not the knob engages with the tailpiece and the cam in the middle. If you bust the knob, you have direct access to either the tailpiece or the cam. There is no cylinder - as in, a lock core with pins inside the housing proper. That’s the problem.

Burglars don’t think like that at all: they cruise around the neighborhood and look for the safest and easiest targets. They look for certain cars that are notoriously easy to open, houses with fake alarms, lock brands / models that are easily drilled, bypassed or broken, easy doors to kick down or windows to force open… An electronic lock with all the security bits on the outside is like a magnet to them.

It doesn’t really matter if your house looks expensive: what matters to them is easy-in-easy-out: it’s better to leave premises a free man with $100 in your pocket than in shackles with $10,000 in evidence at the police station.

For the anecdote, a car thief told me once he only targeted cars with really loud alarms. Why? Because he was sure nobody would bother him while he stole the property. No neighbor EVER comes out of the house to defend somebody else’s property when the alarm rings, quite the contrary: they take the alarm noise as a excellent cue to stay safely inside :slight_smile:

1 Like

The question is, any alternative locks for a house which is compatible with the Next implant and more secure?
How it looks like with the DF2 implant. Is the range of compatibility better?

1 Like

That’s always the big question :slight_smile: Depending on where you are, and how willing / able you are to modify the door, the NFC cylinder may be your only option.

Another option - one which I personally went for - is to find another lock that is compatible with another type of chip, and implant that chip just to be able to use that lock.

1 Like

As of the compatibility list, the DOM Tab should work with the Next. I find that one: DOM TAPKEY Pro V2 double side reading (BLE). I that which is meant?

1 Like

Correct length is important

2 Likes

And orientation. The inside length and outside length aren’t always the same. I was lucky that mine was, if i remember right, 35mm both inside and out.

3 Likes

I have set up all the exterior doors in my house garage and storage room with ID lock it’s a Norwegian lock I think and they work like a charm… took a minute to get the hang out of presenting the flexMT to the reader but now it’s easy af. I have the flexMT and XM1 enrolled in it but it also works with NExT from what I’ve seen online. Great lock and pretty freaking secure.

1 Like

Do you have a link?
Is it in the matrix?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it is in the Matrix

The website is in Swedish but I’m sure there is an English version.

https://www.hjemmeautomasjon.no/forums/topic/711-xnt-implantat-noen-som-har/?do=findComment&comment=19707
2 Likes

I’m pretty sure you are correct (I just looked, it is infact the FIRST lock in the “Door Lock” section)
:+1:

@Mariarangok That was a nice quick read through the windscreen!

It would be awesome if you could share your setup in the project section. Another option for people to follow through.
Parts
Code
Wiring
etc.

1 Like

Whooos should clarify, the last link is not me, it’s a Scandinavian dude using a Next to open his ID lock and car apparently. Wish I knew how to set that up, but I’m nowhere near that technical. Luckily the lock is pretty easy to install and I’m decent with a drill.

2 Likes

Does anyone has experience with the Dom tab lock I mentioned with the Next implant? The vendor said no but it’s in the list.

1 Like

Did you check out the fantastic writeup by @Loekie including video?

DOM Eniq with xDF2

It talks about xDF2, but also only checking UID.

Still not the direct answer you are looking for.
The read looks reliable with the xDF2 though.

Just to add to your confusion

2 Likes