Elon Musk Neuralink demo

7 Likes

This is not what I was expecting to wake up to :joy:

3 Likes

Reminds me of those remote-controlled sextoys… not so nice in a presentation or at work, I guess :smiley:

Hooooonestly, I am not so sure if I would want that. Or survive it…

2 Likes

Elon Musk voglio utilizzare una tecnologia già provata 18 anni fa (il berretto poi è sparito, ora ho capito il perché) per le persone ferme nel letto con le vertebre C2 C3 rotte.
Un impianto più piccolo di un millimetro per connettere il cervello (a quella che una volta era PlayStation2 modificata) per poter far cambiare canale alla televisione solo pensandolo, poter scrivere e poi far leggere ad alta voce con Dragon Security, e per far passare del tempo giocare con la playstation, tutto questo solo pensando e stando distesi nel letto.
Progetto collaudato verificato ed efficiente ma sparito diverse decine di anni fa.

Elon Musk I want to use a technology already proven 18 years ago (the cap then disappeared, now I understand why) for people standing in bed with broken C2 C3 vertebrae.
A system smaller than a millimeter to connect the brain (to what was once a modified PlayStation2) to be able to change the channel to the television just thinking about it, to be able to write and then have it read aloud with Dragon Security, and to pass time playing with the playstation, all this just thinking and lying in bed.
Proven, verified and efficient project but disappeared several decades ago.

~Nix~

Oh my god, the thought of drilling a hole into your head while fully conscious gave me the most visceral heebie-jeebies I have ever experienced

there were many systems that used EEG… and some that used actual electrode arrays in the brain… those systems were not practical nor long term solutions. EEG was not precise enough and had no input channel (could not talk to the brain), and electrode arrays worked for a short time only before scar tissue developed and nerves morphed and moved around, breaking neural mapping to electrodes. There is even trans-cranial magnetic stimulation that works to talk to the brain but these are all terribly impractical for one reason or another…

Just because you can do a thing in a lab does not make it a world changing product… trust me on that one… to change the world it must be practical enough regular people buy it and use it without a second thought (pun!)… hmm… maybe if I make a neural implant I’ll call it Second Thought. Cool. Done.

Check out http://brainfingers.com/

3 Likes

I’m dabbling with computer vision at work at these days. Nothing fancy, just a camera to track the position of a rangefinder’s reticle on a test bench I’m putting together for the final quality check at the end of the production line.

Well, I’m in a clean room environment, with crisp, high res static images and simple geometric shapes to detect against a while background. I’m using the OpenCV library that was coded by much cleverer minds than mine and does all the heavy lifting for me. Yet it’s still fiendishly difficult to get it working reliably!

That gives me a renewed appreciation of the Tesla’s autopilot feature: doing the same thing in a moving car to detect a huge variety of objects in real time on the road, come rain or shine, anywhere in any circumstances… Respect. It may not be perfect, but the fact they made it into a usable, real-world product that any Tom, Dick and Harry can use - let alone that it works at all… Just respect.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Squeak Squeak!!

1 Like

Changed title, cause it’s gonna be tomorrow forever.

2 Likes

Good thinking.

Lol
…sorry I’ll go

6 Likes