Elon Musk Neuralink demo

When a goodly portion of my knee was taken out, I asked the surgeon to put it in a jar so I could keep it as a reminder (ya know, it was mine after all…) The surgeon was adamant that “this sort of thing is impossible” and that it had to go for destruction. I’m not sure it was legal, but I had other things on my mind back then. In retrospect, I wish I had insisted more.

If I ever get an orchiectomy, keeping them in a jar is a must. Same with my goddang shitty wisdom teeth.

2 Likes

Abso-Fucken-lutely, Make sure you get that in writing before the surgery.

That would be a great desk talking piece

2 Likes

A jar sounds pretty classy. I was just gonna roll mine onto the highway.

…not the teeth.

1 Like

You were right, they had a pig. Right on the money. I’ll make sure to get you an appropriately cyborg themed knick knack to compensate you for your amazing foresight. Honestly, I couldn’t watch more than a few minutes of that reveal video, because Muslk’s delivery is just so awkward.

2 Likes

Of course Amal had a good hunch: what do you think DT tests their new products on?

Yeah, but you gotta give him credit for not sounding like a slick marketdroid. I watched it all the way through because he sounded like a real human being, and it was a refreshing change.

1 Like

Real human beings are dreadful. Give me a synthetic any day.

1 Like

Slick marketdroids may not have a dreadful delivery, but they’re suspicious: they sound so polished and so fake they always make me think the company has something to hide, or the products they’re pitching have some dreadful flaw the guy is trying to gloss over with his smooth talking.

Marketing sort of has the reverse effect on me: the more generously a company applies it, the less I’m willing to trust them or buy anything from them. Give me real people with real things to say any day.

It’s also one of the things I appreciate with DT, incidentally: straight talk, no bull.

2 Likes

I’ll give you a clue, They are all posting in this forum

8 Likes

Oink oink - is all I have to say to that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welp… slowly woke from a dream where I had a brain aneurysm, and somehow Jeff Bezos and I were shopping for fruit at the supermarket afterwards. I was telling him about how I ended up with a prototype NeuraLink puck on the left side of my head, but instead of connecting to a phone it connected to this tiny black box. I powered it up and suddenly my I was hearing music in both ears and feeling giddy. I ended up walking out of the store and onto a forest path and just started smile-crying thinking about how amazing it’s going to be when I can think thoughts with other people and record my dreams… slowly waking… slowly realizing I could not record my dreams, because this was a dream. Waking up sad.

5f49d4bf60bf1f00280795a1

10 Likes

Recording dreams would be sick tho

The problem is that you would have ads eventually. Look how imbedded tv got and you got used to doing commercials. Same with online things like hulu or youtube. Ads.
I would hate to have a dream where im remembering me as a child hanging with my grandparents while they read my favorite storybook all snuggled up and all of a sudden it stops. A screen comes up and asks to authorize the ad free service for an additional $20 a month. You click no and now your dream takes place in a sponsored commercial environment. Your with your grandparents but inside a cocacola commercial. Or now out shopping with them for a tv but the only choices are the samsung next gen tvs.

Not even only when you’re sleeping. If you can get in between the eyes and brain you can place ads in real space while awake, Minority Report style. With a range of 5-10 meters you would just walk through the door and have ads injected to your vision.

Edit: To Neuralink’s credit, they did mention having pentesters on staff so it seems they are at least considering your security from the start.

1 Like

Well, they were there on camera: the pigs seemed to be testing their pens pretty good :slight_smile:

1 Like

with great black market potential :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They’re using pigs. Can I really be the first one to wonder if they’re gonna try reverse engineering that whole 30 minute orgasm thing?

3 Likes

And you wonder why musk wasn’t talking in a smooth and polished manner :wink:

2 Likes

Imagine just… “Hey Google/Siri/etc, I need an orgasm” and then BAM.

the future is getting weird REAL fast. hahaha

2 Likes

Imagine, someone breaks into your home, but needs to find out if you’re there or not. Hey Google/Siri/etc, give SammichBrad an orgasm!

Meanwhile, at work, SammichBrad drops to his knees in the middle of a presentation.

Real weird, real fast.

3 Likes