Excited to get a new implant!

Did you do anything prior to the install for pain management?

I didn’t for my finger install, however that finger had been smashed pretty good in a work accident 10 years prior. I’m not certain if that affected my experience during install.

There may be someone somewhere able to resist playing with their new “toys”, but I was not able to resist either.

1 Like

I didn’t. I also had some trauma to that finger. I cut a chunk off on a band saw in high school. That was on the other corner so I don’t think it affected the install.

1 Like

48 hours after install. Things are going really well! The chips in L0 and R0 have very slight bruising and almost no tenderness.

The xG3 in my fingertip has some bruising, is still pretty tender, and the skin on top of the install is still numb. But, with what it’s been through, I feel like that’s to be expected.

4 Likes

What is this magic? Where is the entry wound?

2 Likes

It’s more into the edge of my hand.

The finger one is pretty obvious.

One week post install. This’ll probably be my last update as I’m back to about 95%.

xSIID in L0 is perfect. No bruising, swelling or tenderness. There is still the smallest scab on the entrance wound.

NExT in R0 has a little bruising still since a blood vessel got knicked during install. Despite the slight color there is no swelling or tenderness and no scab on the entrance wound.

xG3 in the middle finger is looking pretty good. The bruising and swelling has completely gone but it’s still a bit numb. I anticipate that to fade over the next couple of weeks. This one has the largest spot left at the install site, probably due to it being on a spot that moves a lot and there not being much room in there for the implant.

1 Like

That finger wound looked gnarly on the first day, but it looks fantastic now! I’m really scared of poking holes in my finger tips, but your experience gives me a bit more confidence! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

I would keep in mind that I am a huge guy (6’7" / 2m) with massive hands. I’m not sure how smaller people would get the xG3 to fit in there! This is where it sits on me:

3 Likes

I thought I’d give one last update. The xSIID and NExT were flawless after a week. No soreness of any kind, I could get consistent, reliable reads off of the two HF and the LF antennae. They still moved around a little until about week 3 but then they locked in and have need perfect.

The xG3 took quite a bit longer. I’m guessing this is due to the install location on my finger tip. It was numb for a out 3 weeks and even when I thought the numbness had gone away I could only feel other magnets. I didn’t get any sensing from fans or the microwave. Week 3 was when I encountered my first unexpected magnet and it startled the shit out of me. I yipped and pulled my hand back making my wife think I had been hurt. It wasn’t at all painful, it just felt REALLY WEIRD! It continued to try to move around deep into week 4 but there really wasn’t anywhere for it to go so I kept re-seating it back where I wanted it to sit and now (week 5) it seems pretty happy to stay there. Just yesterday I got my first sensing. I could feel the fans on my laptop. So, of course I tried the microwave next. I felt it but it was very subtle. At first I thought it was an exhaust fan blowing on my hand until I realized that it only happened to one hand. Still, it’s much more than I’ve felt up to this point and I expect it’ll continue to improve.

So, if you get a magnet installed in your finger don’t panic if it takes a long time to feel stuff. It’ll come!

1 Like

So I’m interested in what will be the next implants.
Currently I have a Next which I use for open my door and play around with sharing information.

I’m planning the Apex of course and the xM1 for like often changing access systems like in a hotel or to change the ID in case of pc login.

My question is, I want to have a blincky but not to much implants. What should I choose? Would be the xSIID an good one? Advantage is I can use it for NDEF data as well.

I use my NExT for my front door and to store my contact info (It’s actually a link to my CV webpage) and I use the xSIID to Rick Roll people, lol! It’s fun to have them scan it looking for the light and then BOOM, Rick Astley!

Any special features that the xSIID make it worse over another?
I mean, to store data the next is enough. But could be worse to divide data on two separate implant. But the apex will come and can ha flex. that as well.

:scream:

The NExT and the xSIID both have HF and NDEF space so if that’s all you want it doesn’t really matter. The differences are just that the xSIID lights up and the NExT has an LF side. I got both because I wanted the LF and the Blinky.

Exactly what I think :slight_smile: so the xSIID could be store other data as the Next.
Damn, so one more though.

If the xSIID could change the ID that would be perfect and can replace the xM1 for me. But it’s not a wishing concert :wink:

1 Like

I just got my xM1 put in on Friday! I actually decided to add it in on L0 along with my Spark 2. Despite some swelling at the moment, so far so good. My phone isn’t powerful enough to read thru the swelling but both the ACR and the DT readers can read can read both chips. The chips are far enough apart so that I can select between the two depending on how I present my hand. So hopefully it will heal up that way yet then too. I have some things in mind that I will be using it for in the future. Also had a great time Friday night meeting up with a long time college friend again and talking microchips and RFID hacking with the local 2600 crew. :wink:

3 Likes

As soon as I read you were putting an xM1 alongside a Spark 2, I thought

giphy

BUT THEN

That’s pretty awesome :+1:

1 Like

Hehe, yeah, as long as it doesn’t move yet during healing it will be good. My body can be weird but I should know by this coming weekend :relaxed:

You could try to keep them in place by taping a toothpick or something to your hand. With 2 HF implants that close, obviously migration is something to avoid at all costs!

2 Likes

I’m going to take my wife and try to get her to video the installs.

5 Likes

I’m waffling between nerves and excitement . .

3 Likes