F150 RFID push to start/door unlock

Yeah that’s all and we’ll but I assume your fob doesn’t convenient have a + and - connection like in your drawing :sweat_smile: that powers and activates it.

@Devilclarke was the mastermind behind it. He is an electrical engineer and made a batch. Not sure if it progressed beyond his prototypes. Maybe this message will summon him.

1 Like

Sorry, I was stuffing my face, yep, I expected you to reference that
Here is the link you were thinking of

1 Like

I would pay ridiculous money for this haha this looks like it would solve the issue. Please be a thing!!

As an “authorised representative” of @Devilclarke I’ll offer you one for…

giphy-11

I accept most common crypto currencies…

It is a thing,
Last I heard @Devilclarke was still waiting for the Potentiometers pots, then they will be a thing.

I am not sure how far in talks it got, but DevilClarke and Amal were considering putting a DT Access controller together to bring to market, but that may be some time away. I am not sure if the xAC V2 is THE new thing or just a stopgap until the DevilAmal AC Colab…

Here is the mention

And then here’s the original idea, from my compustar, I thought it was input so I thought perfect this will be easy. It’s actually output to the lock so I don’t know how I’d ever get it to work but I’m not hopeful

I assume the F150 uses negative pulse, I know my cars use positive pulses.

If you are not sure, make sure you check it, otherwise you will have to put in a relay
https://www.the12volt.com/relays/converting-polarity.asp

Even then though I don’t know how I’d get the xAC to tell the compustar to unlock and disarm. I think they are assuming a key fob is being used with that wire

Hello yes I did build the toggleator :slight_smile:

Although this is almost a mute point right now with the xac2. The rev 2 boards have been assembled however due to work and home have been unable to test.

I was thinking of making a simpler version using an atmega instead as this would be simpler and cheaper for a short run if wanted.

1 Like

Now with the V2 - could you use the mating plug for the wiring harness connection so it sits in line? Could literally be a plug-and-play solution!

Honestly not even looked at the V2 yet. May have to get one and take a look.

Please let me know when available! This looks like it’ll solve my issue

I think you may be closer than you think. The xAC v2 has a relay built in so you wouldn’t be pumping power into your fob. The fob would still need a battery and you’d need to find a place to put your wires on the switch just like a garage door. The xAC v2 has that jumper for time pressed so the fob would see a 1 sec closed switch which sounds like he’d be set. I think his diagram would let him get two xAC’s also since he’d be able to close the circuit with either relay.

You need atleast 2 relays one for lock one for unlock, the idea was to eliminate the fob battery to.

Hey, just got my xAC in as well as my Next implant (yay! Just need to wait for my tattoo shop to open post covid)

Just wanted to check to make sure I have this correct. I will be able to program both my easy guard push to start and the xAC to the implant? And I able to use my blue cloner to do this?

Should there be anything else I should get for programming?

Your NExT will be pre configured in EM mode
The xAC accepts EM “tags”
The Easy Guard accepts EM “tags”
So what this means is:
Your NExT will simply enroll into both.
The xAC comes with a master disc, hold this to the antenna for ~3 secs then presenting your NExT and you will get red LED (video how to) This is the chip my life video channel, copy of @amal Video, I’m not sure if they are using it with permission , but couldn’t find the original in the DT YouTube channel
EDIT I just realised you are probably talking about the xAC V2, so enrolling (use this video) but the principle will be the same
Then your Easy Guard, similar thing, it should be in the manual, I think there are 2 ways to do it. the best is hold one of the tags it comes with to the antenna for ~5secs it will beep then present your NExT and you will get another beep, wait for it to time out ~30secs and a couple of beeps, check it is enrolled.
The other way is open up the unit and press the reset button, this wipes all enrolled tags, to the begin enrollment again (Best you check this in the manual though.

All that to say, you don’t need the Blue cloner.
Just enroll.

Generally when you own the “Thing” that’s how it works, just ENROLL, unless in an LF system you need to change the mode, ie. from EM to HID…

Good luck buddy
SHOULD be easy as :pie:

1 Like

Thanks! Should I program it before implanting (tomorrow!)

You don’t NEED to, but you could TRY…

just make sure you leave your IMPLANT in the sterile packaging and attempt to enroll it through that.

Don’t be surprised if it doesn’t work with the NExT effectively being in a faraday “tube” but since it is LF, depending on the antenna, you might get lucky :man_shrugging:

Thanks for all the help guys!! Will post a video of unlocking the truck soon!

3 Likes