Finally made my car implant compatible

Ah yes, the dreadful A23 / A27 batteries, which are nothing more than 8 stacked watch batteries in a wrapper, sold at anus-tearing prices.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think though this is more oversight than anything it definitely needs to power the key tbh.

Just so people dont think I’ve forgotten this I still the ambition to do this. Work or lack there of at the moment has gotten in the way once I get back on my feet I’ll push forward with this.

I did have the though as to wether it would be worth slapping a micro controller in there that would allow me to set different actions dependant on time triggered? In the long run a full custom solution would be great (no xAC at all but the same and more functionality)

2 Likes

Right so i had some issues with rev 1;

• not triggering some remotes (too fast)
  • no power option for the remotes

So i give you rev 2

• Variable voltage for the keyfob (1.25 - 12v)
  • User variable trigger time (0.1 - 2.1s switch time)
  • General tidy

Note this will not fit in the same place as rev 1 (unfortunately) however can still fit into the xAC housing if you want (without modification) however i envision a sort of Y-harness between the xAC and this box the simplify installs.

Please please please review add comments and ask questions!

I am still working on a complete car / motorcycle / whatever implant entry and start system the idea if for it to work with any id you can put onto a 5577 chip (please dont hold your breath just yet :wink: )

7 Likes

Amazing work mate, and an awesome contribution to the community. :+1:
My PCB skills are not good enough to critique your work, but it looks like you have fixed the issues from Rev1.
Looking forward to you working with Amal / DT to bring this to the market and the community.

2 Likes

same story here where i have no idea whats going on but it will definately be nice to have a premade solution… currently setting up my own system using an rfid unlocked push button kit and ill use an arduino to detect when that locks and unlocks and output to the door lock controls.
its a mess and an all in one solution will be nice

3 Likes

Imma leave these here:

Still need some little pots as they where out of stock when getting the boards populated and I’m annoyed they put there own fiduciary holes but hay how they look pretty :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

The Toggleator ©®™ does look pretty.

3 Likes

Just when I think this community cannot impress me more. Fantastic looking device add-on you’ve created. No doubt this will make implant enabling the Fiero easier.
Thank you for all your hard work!

3 Likes

Looking good m8. Where do you get to them fabed?

3 Likes

A UK company based down the road from me, I can get them fabricated “cheap” in a UK sense (nothing on China prices) because we deal with them at work.

3 Likes

13 posts were split to a new topic: DIY etching PCBs

indeed. i think it’s time we talk about reader modules… because the inevitable is happening… the supplier I buy the XAC from is basically out of good quality stock. The last order for several hundred came in terrible shape… moldy… rusty… nasty… stinky… basically I think he’s dredging them up from the bottom of a sewage pit. Unsellable. We have limited stock left and we’re planning a transition away from the XAC… so perhaps it’s a good time to start chatting about commercializing a Toggleator solution that can be used with various reader modules out there. That would mean including the ability to manage IDs on the Toggleator board, not letting the pulse input do that. I have ideas… let’s talk soon.

5 Likes

Did you have any plans to restock the ElecHouse PN532 readers as well? I’ve been ordering from them directly, but would much rather give y’all the money.

2 Likes

Cool, i can do hardware not too great at software but im all up for community souring etc. What type of readers are you envisioning things like the PN532 (will obviously require more smarts onboard) where as something self contained like a EM-18 which gives RS232 out would be significantly easier.

DM me if / when you want to talk.

EDIT:
Better yet use a wiegand input and that opens up to a whole host of readers!

2 Likes

I know I am not the only one but, I love writing code! Especially if it was open source.

1 Like

@NiamhAstra be like…

giphy

7 Likes

I suspect the eBay seller I’ve been buying off is getting them from the same warehouse as yours.

I’ve ordered 2x4 packs, the first one a few months ago was indistinguishable from the 2 DT ones I have. The second 4 pack (arrived today) had 3 that were fine, and the last one looked like this…

End of an era, seems the only ones left are the ones he stored at the bottom of the lake…

Guess I got in just in time, the nasty one works and is going in the garden shed anyway. And now that I’ve got 10 of them, I’m out of things to put readers on anyway (…for now, I’ll find more things!)

2 Likes

If it’s any help (if there’s demand for them) I ordered a white bundle which you’re holding for me - I’m not gonna need the XAC so if you wanna hold onto it for your own stock to sell, please do so!

1 Like

We have an alternative in testing now… so far happy with it.

5 Likes