Failed implant Removal

I think that it’s a bit disturbing that they are insisting removal when you’ll be able to get body modifications legally in less than a year… And they will be unable to force procedures on you at that point.

2 Likes

I really want to hit these doctors around the head with a sign saying “first, do no harm”.

7 Likes

How are you now ?

2 Likes

surgery was post poned to next wednesday, maybe its a sign

1 Like

When is your 18th birthday?

Keep postponing it :wink:

5 Likes

How do you live it ? Are you ok ?

1 Like

july the second. surgery is tomorrow

surgery is tomorrow

74 days… I am afraid my wife said that it sounds like your parents are on a power trip. The Drs are just wanting money. I am sorry.

3 Likes

S**t would you like implant again after ? I m saf for you boy

2 Likes

yes ahah i was planning on getting an xSIID in my left hand and obviously not leaving the packaging around.

1 Like

whatchu mean?

Good, but just waiting that ou have 18+ … you want reimplant yours too ?

74 days until you are 18 or did I misunderstand.

Slightly more than 2 months and they are forcing you to have your implant removed… If that isn’t a power trip, I am not sure what qualifies.

2 Likes

I am surprised any doctor would do the surgery. They require informed consent. Given your age and proximity to 18, I would have thought any doctor would refuse to perform it if you said no, regardless of what your parents want. This is not life saving or necessary surgery.

In Australia you effectively have medical privacy from 15. Not sure what it is like where you are from.

2 Likes

Funny you say this, he was quoting prices in AUD earlier in the thread, which implies he’s in Australia

3 Likes

Yeah. I did see that but didn’t want to give legal advice!!

There are issues here between the States and the Commonwealth Government and their respective powers. The Commonwealth controls Medicare, which is our “free” national medical scheme and sets standards (basically by telling the States they will get no tax money if they don’t do certain things) but the States set the majority of laws which do not affect the national perspective etc.

So for example in Queensland, where I live, a person under 18 can get a piercing with parental consent unless it is nipples or genitals. However our family court (which is Commonwealth level) can give rulings on child issues in the marital environment and has done things like rule in favour of vaccinations where one parent has refused them… So it gets really complex. Arguably the views of a “child” here who is sufficiently mature would be considered by the family court. Also they would likely be considered by a state supreme Court exercising it’s parentis jurisidiction.

I just can’t see a doctor or hospital wanting to get into this situation when the easier option is to wait a few months for adult consent… Especially when there is no emergency here.

Again, this is NOT legal advice, just my drunken musing!!

1 Like

yeh thats correct. surgery is today in a couple of hours :frowning:

yeh i am in australia

1 Like

keep us updated 🫡

2 Likes