Failed implant Removal

yeh lol they jokingly said they would take it out of my car savings bank account

1 Like

yep :frowning:

1 Like

They would be told to fuck off

6 Likes

All this talk about hitting nerves eye roll

4 Likes

@cjjoneill02 don’t think it’s been asked how old are you?

1 Like

It has been elsewhere, they are 16 or 17. I don’t remember but definitely minor.

2 Likes

Yeah, he mentioned a couple of times, but not specifically

2 Likes

I’m wondering if they could lag it out or even argue that the parents are forcing an unnecessary medical procedure against their will… seems like the parents are determined to cause damage to the hands regardless so I wonder if they could fight it.

3 Likes

I get the impression they aren’t putting up much fight about it, could be wrong though

1 Like

Well he’s booked in for about a week from now, I guess we will found out if he manages to convince his parents…or not

2 Likes

Seems like those parents belong in the you-know-what thread for that matter…

6 Likes

There’s a story line on biohacking and parents and implant removal in the latest episode of The Good Doctor tv series.

1 Like

I looked up a few clips from that episode and I can see how it can make people paranoid about biohacking…

It’s still worth noting that removing implants for the sake of removing them is not necessarily the best medical decision. Sure, if something is causing problems or is found to be unsafe, then removal is more than justified. But it’s important to weight the risks associated with all possible options.

1 Like

The problem I have with shit like this is that it’s not medicine, it’s a TV show presented like it’s medicine. They say “risk of infection” when in most cases that’s not the actual risk. This deserves a nuanced and complete answer, but like the show, I’m not able to put the energy into diving into that nuance right now so I will just reply to their lazy blanket statement “implants = infection risk” with the equally lazy blanket statement of…

nuh uh

11 Likes

No, you are correct. This makes absolutely no sense.

There is no world where making a 10-20mm long incision carries less risk of nerve damage than a 3-4mm incision at one end or the other.

That’s like saying you’d rather dig a 20ft ditch across a yard instead of a 3ft diameter hole in a specific spot to decrease the risk of hitting any pipes.

He only needs to make a short incision over one end, open up any visible encapsulation and simply squeeze it out. This is an absolute disaster and your parents are putting you at an exponentially higher risk of complications by insisting on removal.

7 Likes

Yeah, the way I look at it is everytime my skin gets dry especially and I get a cut or split, I have more risk of an infection then than will ever have getting implants. :wink:

4 Likes

Especially if you play sports. All the sweat and contamination from other players. Lots of germ sharing lol

5 Likes

And counting the days… :grin:

2 Likes