Flex install in the Twin Cities (Minnesota, USA)?

Good luck. In Oregon they have a definition of piercing that precludes anything “functional” and body art is disallowed until they write up some procedures for it. I don’t think that they are in any hurry.

Live just north of Hennepin county, in Sherburne county. Every professional I contacted in the area seemed less than interested. I ended up having the Missus implant my NeXT.88, rfid10t

I’m doing a self implant whenever the Apex is released. Might be able to help you out also if you are interested

2 Likes

If it was me, I would take BPV up on his offer, he knows what he is doing…

Good experience here

1 Like

Thanks, @Backpackingvet! For now, I have someone potentially lined up (friend who is also a doctor) but I may end up taking you up on that offer.

1 Like

If you don’t mind a little road trip, Vibrant Body Arts in Sioux Falls has done a few chips for me already.

2 Likes

Hey man, nothing to apologize for. We’re all friendly here.

The only person I’ve seen recommended is Verno at TheHolyMackarel, but I’m not sure they’re still around and never had any work done by him. Since implants are technically considered illegal in Hennepin county, I’d try body modification places out in Saint Paul or Roseville. @amal wrote up this guide on approaching shops. Per my recollection, the XG3 installs similarly to an x-series RFID chip, albeit likely in slightly different locations. @backpackingvet might also be able to help.

I’m also happy to meet up to talk RFID down the line if you ever want it.

1 Like

I had my next placed at Black Coffin Tattoo in st.paul 94 and university area try them if your still looking or anyone else for that matter in the area. Very happy with their service.

1 Like

Good to know. It seems that there’s a shop in Rochester that’ll do xSeries and is on DT’s map.

2 Likes

I did see that too but gas is expensive and my trucks been getting about 10mpg highway :joy:

2 Likes

Don’t be mad, even England a metric country loves them some MPGs

1 Like

I ended up going to SkinLab in Rochester last night, which is on DT’s map, for an xLED install. Brian did a great job fitting it next to the NeXT implant in my left hand. I hate needles (and yet I keep getting implants), and he was calm, professional, and pleasant to chat with during the process. I came with a couple of friends who wanted to watch the process and video it, and he was super accommodating to them. All in all, an A+ experience, great dude, highly recommend him. Now I just need to wait a bit to heal before the blink can begin!

3 Likes