flexEM positioning and chat

figured i could post this here since i havent seen anyone install theirs yet in this thread :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Nice location, I’ve considered that one (well mid-arm on the outside) as a fallback in case it is recommended that I don’t do the hand.

How do you like the location? How easy is it to use from that location?

havent had a chance to test it yet at work, and due to either swelling or user error, i cant yet copy my work badge to it. but its a great location for scanning in my opinion because most readers are usually wall mounted around elbow height.

1 Like

I had a surgeon told me the sometimes go in with closed surgery scissors, and open them so the blunt (exterior) part of the scissor just separates the skin in one quick go. Probably under anesthetic thats ok, I only know what it feels without and that description makes my skin crawl.

1 Like

Not much trouble, if your installer is routined on that stuff…
Mine painted them on before (so he can see where they run while planning the exact placement), and well… one ended up above the implant, the others were below it, I guess it just depends on your anatomy.

It doesn’t bother me as long as they don’t interfere with bodily functions. I wasn’t sure if that would be a concern or not.

I think Pineapple has done 1 or 2 DT flex installs :joy:
The hardest pill to swallow will be the cost.

the breakdown

$100 implant
$300 install (they aren’t around $150 anymore)
$200 hotel (2 nights)
$100 food (3 days of eating out)
$100 fuel (twin turbo V6)

I’ll update this after it’s done for those interested in up-to-date expectations for the South Texas area.

Appointments made, deposits paid, hotel reserved.

3 Likes

and… it’s in!

This is 8 hours after the procedure

unfortunately my camera crew weren’t allowed in and for legal purposes I wasn’t allowed to film it.

Sorry guys :disappointed: I let you down.

He didn’t want people watching the procedure and trying it on their own without proper training.

6 Likes

Not at all.

A very good reason why.

Looking forward to hearing how it goes and seeing some more pictures

2 Likes

Day 5

Healing very quickly, taking the same Prenatal’s and 1/3 dose of These from “My NExT install”

No bruising, swelling or pain after the first day, only slight redness around the stitch area which I believe to be from the stitches themselves.

3 Likes

Talked to a plastic surgeon last Friday in an attempt to find one closer in the event my doctor says no, and it took me a solid 5 minutes to convince her I wasn’t joking :smile:

1 Like

Did she come around in the end?

I wasn’t given a solid answer yet since she was just a nurse but said she’d call me back soon with an answer. She also said “although it is very interesting there’s a 99% chance it will be a no”

So far I’ve called 5 places with 2 never calling back at all (had to leave a message) 2 saying no and then the last one calling back as I said
I think I might just have to start going into some offices to better explain and actually let them see what I’m referring to

Good call, plus some information materials /supporting documentation.
Combined with your current implants will all go to aid convincing them.
Good luck buddy

1 Like

Thanks mate.

Speaking of that, is there a how to approach a professional for flexies? Or install documentation?

Not as far as I am aware.

As you know the procedure is very similar with the custom needle, for standard flexies, but when it comes to the larger implants like the FlexEM, that would probably best be at the discretion of the installer and what they are comfortable with.

In my opinion, It would still be worth reading through and providing your potential installers with the following information

It would be nice if there was a paint by numbers :framed_picture: for large flexies, but alas there isn’t currently.
Hopefully you can convince your installer to allow you to record it.
But as with @ItaBeAight, I think their refusal was justified, but you never know if you don’t ask.

In saying that, there are a couple of YouTube videos that would give your installer some ideas

“What videos” I hear you ask

:speaking_head: :loudspeaker: WHAT VIDEOS?

Here’s one

And another

1 Like

Completely forgot Thought Emporium had a flexNT video! Might show that one to my doctor as well as any surgeon I approach

1 Like

problem

no

oh no

read the guide

especially this part

Emailing or even calling a professional piercer you don’t already know has a very low chance of success. The reason for this is simple - they have no idea who you are, what you’re asking them to do, or if it’s even remotely safe. You’re basically asking them to put their entire business and career at risk to do a one-time installation for you, a complete stranger… nobody is likely to agree to that. To have any decent chance of success, you’re going to have to put on your shoes and go outside.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve realized now it might not’ve been the best option :smile: my only issue was still having to travel a bit if I were to go in office, Thankfully work tomorrow puts me within minutes of both so when I get off I’m going to head down there and see.

2 Likes