flexEM positioning and chat

Thats pretty much all I want :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I only say this to you because you have a few to put in. I would go buy some hypoallergenic tegaderms if you can. The ones included gave me a faint scar, and I don’t remember having an adhesive allergy. I plan to get tested now though.

Edit: just want to clarify this is in no way dangerous things fault in case anyone else reads this. I was not aware I potentially had an allergy to adhesives.

Edit 2. This scar will fade over a few months, it won’t/shouldn’tbbe permanent.

4 Likes

Injectables as a stand-alone are max £40 with our partners and yes definitely discounts for multiple installs!

Definitely a shame about the form factor of the FlexEM as we’ve started to offer the needle installations.

2 Likes

Good to know about the needle flex installs.

I just want to itterate im not complaining about the install price, its a small price to pay to avoid me causing issues. The installer does some truly amazing work so I’m happy to pay.

2 Likes

Yeah there’s a bit of a back story there … but that’s for another time.

Trying to get everyone to have the same pricing wasn’t straightforward or without issues. We were the first company to create and maintain standardised pricing across the board.

2 Likes

Its here! I love DT and I always love the presentation.

First and formoste you see the brand.

Then you open the box.

And then you see it! I love it, its smaller than my head was making out I thought it was huge :sweat_smile: but now I’m significantly less concerned about the installation. :smiley:

4 Likes

Nice! I got mine, too. Have you figured out where you’re going to put it? I’m thinking on the outside of the forearm closer to the elbow for mine. I’m tired of struggling or being locked out while I’m laden with stuff.

2 Likes

Yeah I was thinking the back of my hand. See the picture but I’m not sure, I think the arm may be a pain to swipe.

Red is my 125khz chip
Lilac is my xSIID
The green is my proposed location.

1 Like

Seems risky, but it is a flex and you do have some meat in that spot

3 Likes

Yes I do haha, do you think its risky :thinking: whys that?

2 Likes

Unlike the x-series it’s not a risk of glass breaking because it’s a flex. There is a risk of a sharp impact creating a kink in the antenna, which will either detune it or disconnect it. This is by far the most robust flex implant so far though, so you should be fine. I don’t know if you’ve gotten a good look at it yet but the antenna is thicc. Other people have installed regular flex implants on the back of the hand and been fine

1 Like

Ahhh, right I had though of that but came to the conclusion that I have never damaged that part of my hand and thus thought it OK.

Yes they are thick, but I think I’ve got enough meat to hide it :wink: .

Wish my hands had more meat. My implants stick out, and I cannot get my NExT at a better angle.

1 Like

I have smacked my NExT and it hurts. I feel any implant will hurt slightly more on impact.

2 Likes

Do you guys think flexEM will be visible through the skin? Like sticking out if it’s on the back of the hand?

Here’s the location I’m thinking about:

arm

1 Like

I don’t but if your thin maybe…

The only thing that puts me off that is I wear a watch on the wrist I want it.

What do people think left or right hand?

1 Like

I also wear a (smart) watch on the left hand so my idea was right hand.

1 Like

Most people are right handed
Most people wear a watch on their left hand
Most people hit things with their right hand
Most people hurt/injure/ damage their right hand
Most people would agree it is mostly your decision
Most people would agree with most of my statements and would say I have been most helpful :wink:

7 Likes

Perfectly describes the members of this community :rofl:

tenor (7)

2 Likes

You could try sticking / taping a similar sized coin to your proposed locations for a day or so, see which is the most “comfortable” and convenient and least exposed to impact…

2 Likes