flexNExT on hand healing process and info [regularly updated]

Azflyer, now that you’ve had your flexNExT for a week, may I bother you to ask you post a photo of the scar line / stitches, and generally what your hand looks like now?

3 Likes

If he approaches you with a stapler, you should refuse :slight_smile:

That’ll do it !

3 Likes

Hehe, true… :smiley:
But I trust him a lot… like, a LOT, and I simply hope he has some good ideas. He’s going to do a whole lot of stuff to my body in the future, so I guess he wouldn’t F that up :wink:

Just thinking about it… His studio is named “Stigmata”, so it would be strangely fitting… NOW I’m getting nervous! :smiley:

1 Like

You didn’t ask me, but I just saw this after posting a 8th-day update picture on a different thread, so I thought I’d share:

1 Like

Thanks - just saw it too.

1 Like

Hasn’t really changed since implantation :wink:
I will add more pictures to the thread later

That looks neat and clean. Thanks for the picture.

Is that a vein showing through the implant of a photo artifact? I didn’t think that was possible.

The skin looks a bit white over the implant. I’m hoping the center hole in mine will help blood vessels reconnect to the skin and avoid that, to be honest.

1 Like

The white and the “vein” are from the band aid adhesive :wink:

1 Like

Ah right. Funny how it looks like natural features in a photo.

2 Likes

Day 8, new pictures. The implant is quite visible when I close my fist but not in other positions as expected.

Is it uncomfortable when making a fist, when gripping objects (be that tightly or loosely), or when bending at the wrist?

Not uncomfortable at all. Un can feel it when tightening my fist but it’s not annoying

I take it back, after looking closely this is definitely a small vein. Doesn’t seem to cause a problem though and it helps make the implant less visible…

Fascinating. Is the vein under or above the implant?

Above :man_shrugging: weird

Interesting. Well, as long as it feels comfortable and doesn’t cause any issues, I don’t see a reason for concern. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Day 10 update. Stitches removed, the wound is sealed but it looks a bit ugly, it makes a groove. I hope it fixes itself over time :crossed_fingers: photos up there :point_up: Definitely not as clean as @Ottomagne 's :man_shrugging:

I have a feeling you removed them too soon. I had stitches on my chest once from a nevus removal that I took out too early (I had to, for complicated reasons) and it looked exactly like that. The wound stayed closed, but the scar line stretched. Now the skin there is very thin and the scar looks like an old bullet wound.

I’d do something to avoid putting any tension on the skin there for at least one more week if I was you - like tape or something.

1 Like