flexNExT on hand healing process and info [regularly updated]

Wouldn’t a small off-center hole in the middle for fascia to reconnect through be enough to prevent the device from rotating?

1 Like

Not during the first days. You would install it one way and it would turn around and then maybe lock in place…

off-center yes… that could work… or be kinda painful hah

After 7 days it seems that it has stopped spinning. The LED triangle is now pointing towards my fingers after a complete 180

2 Likes

tenor (34)

6 Likes

I showed this info to my bodymodder, who’s going to install mine in about two weeks - he says that he is going to fixate it, so it won’t turn. I have absolutely no idea how he’s going to do it, but I’ll keep you updated if he’s got a great plan how to prevent that spinning :wink:

1 Like

Azflyer, now that you’ve had your flexNExT for a week, may I bother you to ask you post a photo of the scar line / stitches, and generally what your hand looks like now?

3 Likes

If he approaches you with a stapler, you should refuse :slight_smile:

That’ll do it !

3 Likes

Hehe, true… :smiley:
But I trust him a lot… like, a LOT, and I simply hope he has some good ideas. He’s going to do a whole lot of stuff to my body in the future, so I guess he wouldn’t F that up :wink:

Just thinking about it… His studio is named “Stigmata”, so it would be strangely fitting… NOW I’m getting nervous! :smiley:

1 Like

You didn’t ask me, but I just saw this after posting a 8th-day update picture on a different thread, so I thought I’d share:

1 Like

Thanks - just saw it too.

1 Like

Hasn’t really changed since implantation :wink:
I will add more pictures to the thread later

That looks neat and clean. Thanks for the picture.

Is that a vein showing through the implant of a photo artifact? I didn’t think that was possible.

The skin looks a bit white over the implant. I’m hoping the center hole in mine will help blood vessels reconnect to the skin and avoid that, to be honest.

1 Like

The white and the “vein” are from the band aid adhesive :wink:

1 Like

Ah right. Funny how it looks like natural features in a photo.

2 Likes

Day 8, new pictures. The implant is quite visible when I close my fist but not in other positions as expected.

Is it uncomfortable when making a fist, when gripping objects (be that tightly or loosely), or when bending at the wrist?

Not uncomfortable at all. Un can feel it when tightening my fist but it’s not annoying