(*****) FlexNT :flexnt: The most underated/ under appreciated implant?

I had a reply ready for somebody, and decided it was worthy of a full review

“and I already have a FlexNT, and that implant is my best performer for range, Seriously, the easist implant to read, if you are in the market for a NTAG216, do yourself a favour, get yourself a FlexNT

flexNT NFC Chip

INTRODUCTION

The FlexNT , A unique DT rectanglular Flex Implant, using a NTAG216 chip.

SPECS

8mm x 22mm x 0.4mm flexible biopolymer package
Operating on 13.56MHz
Using ISO14443A & NFC Type 2 chip

TESTING INCLUDING READ RANGES

I don’t have any outside of my body, so how about a

Real world example

I have an eGee Touch padlock

With my FlexNT, I can open it reliably and easily just off the surface of the lock, but for ease I make contact, with my next best read range (FlexM1) i’ll get a read, but it’ll take some rubbing and stroking to get it to finally open up its wares to me

Bearing in mind MY FlexNT is in my forearm and the skin is not as thin as the back of my hand covering my FlexM1, so its not a direct comparison, but it still favours the FlexNT.

Im not shitting on the FlexM1, in fact I love it an use it more than my FlexNT, the FlexNT simply has better read range, and for a Contact sharing or simply easy to read implant, you would be hard pressed to beat the FlexNT in the “small” Flex style implants.

TEARDOWN
N/A

PROs
• For a Contact sharing implant, It doesn’t get much better

• Tested and works well with stubborn locks

• Compatiable with many forms of RFID tech

• Uses a common NTAG216 chip

• Surprisingly robust

• It comes with a custom needle in the form of
5mm (4G) Flex Install Needle Included!** [**Details & Warning*]

CONs
• I was struggling to find any cons…this explanation fills a line

• The custom needle install is possible ( See HACK below ), but it may take a more skilled installer

:man_shrugging:

• It is actually really good :speak_no_evil:

• Oh oh oh… :monkey: … it is not a smart chip…

“HACKS”
Not an implant hack, but an Install hack.
I used a custom needle to install PLUS a scalpel just to open the edges a little wider and this worked for me
I would not reccomend this method, but, it did work…

It won’t slide in easy with the 4g needle but you can do it. You have to get a corner in at a 45 degree angle and then kind force it in. Or, alternatively you could use the cutting bevel of the needle to widen the incision a little bit after doing the initial pocket.

PRICE
USD$149.99

SUMMARY:
If you want a business card sharing implant that people won’t need to rub their dirty phone all over your hand, You won’t get much better than a FlexNT :flexnt:
If you want a cold storage implant with quick and easy readability to check on your crypto fortune, get youself a FlexNT :flexnt:

LINKS AND RESOURCES

DATA SHEET
NTAG213_215_216.pdf (1.4 MB)

https://forum.dangerousthings.com/uploads/short-url/k7YZjUYbvplnVAUhTuPy55l6Og3.pdf

POLL

Rating by the community :robot:

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU HAVE ONE OR HAVE USED ONE

:star: = :poop:

:star::star: = :pleading_face:

:star::star::star: = :neutral_face:

:star::star::star::star: = :grin:

:star::star::star::star::star: = :trophy:

PRIDUCT NAME 1-5 :star:
0 voters
5 Likes

I remember an old aqaintance whispering that in my ear some time ago…,

As always a great write up from @Pilgrimsmaster :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Now I want one! I’m starting to think that you have access to Amal’s dials.

1 Like

The flexNT was my second implant. Works so perfect. The reading range is amazing.
In winter i wear a shirt, a hoodie and my winter jacketand i can unlock my phone (Samsung A54)

Love this implant.

I used it in Sweden as trainticket - works perfect.

3 Likes