Flipper RGB Mod :flipperzero_white:

Everything looks great. Honestly. What firmware are you flashing with?

Xtreme’s latest: Firmware:
XFW-0053 02-02-2024

I’ve also tried Momentum v1.

Well momentum doesn’t have the RGB patch installed.

Do you use qflipper to install the firmware or the Web updater?

Once powered on go to Xtreme>misc>screen and turn RGB backlight on.

Screenshot is from @Pilgrimsmaster install log.

I’m really hoping it just has to be enabled.

If not I can offer you two solutions. One I send you a new board and I’ll cover shipping and the board. Two you send me the board and I’ll fiddle with it with my own set of bad eyes

1 Like

Also what happened here??

Looking a bit toasty

I did a full wipe on it, formatted the SD card, factory reset, installed stock firmware, then Xterem via Qflipper. Turned on lights in settings, no go.

I do appreciate the offer. I screwed it up so I would not want you to send me a new board and cover any costs. I’d feel bad about that. If anything I’ll send you my flipper and if you can fix it awesome, I’ll pay you for your time as well as order one of your wifi boards, pre-assembled ofcourse :slight_smile:

If you can’t fix it, keep the flipper, I’ll buy an RGB board and wifi, and just order another flipper and try again. Or just keep it orange.

As for the damage to that connector, I was using the heat gun and went to look closer, didn’t pay attention. So far everything that I use my flipper for seems to be working so I think that is okay.

1 Like

It doesn’t look like it caused any big damage.

If that’s the route you wanna go send me a pm and I’ll shoot you my address.

To be fair I don’t think you caused any damage. It could be a bad board, but that’s the first I’ve had it happen if it is.

Didn’t worry about pay it isn’t necessary.

2 Likes

Will do. And again, thank you. However, no. I’ll pay and I’m sure I f’d this up. Your quality of work is superior and mine is sub-par. Plus I was basically doing this by brail. Lesson learned,

Either way I already ordered a new flipper because I do use mine a lot. And I’m impatient. I’m going to go on Tindie and order another RGB board and a wifi board from you. Now that you’ve helped me I’m sure I can get through this without a hitch. The CAT5 wires really made the difference. As well as being able to see.

1 Like

Hey I appreciate that but I no longer sell the WiFi board. I only had it enough to get rid of the bulk stock I had. If you wait to get yours back I’ll send you an extra RGB board for free man. No need to buy one. That will save me on shipping anyways.

Sent you a PM.

Also, could we test anything with a DMM? Either way works for me.

1 Like

It’s worth a try I’ll take mine apart and give you my readings either tonight or tomorrow.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s pretty evident
Your soldering is MUCH prettier to look at.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Haha, The irony, while I was doing mine, I was thinking
“I don’t even mind the orange, and it will probably stay orange for the entirety of its life”
Followed by
“I hope I don’t fuck my Flipper up doing this”
After I did it
“Phew, it works, and it will make a good project to share on the forum”

I should have documented mine a bit better as following the video guide was not as smooth as it could have been.

3 Likes

Thanks for the compliment. Being able to see really does help.

My wife even said “All this because you don’t like the color orange”. I said “yeah and I also ordered another flipper, clear case, different buttons, etc”…

She just shook her head and walked away.

1 Like

Ive gotten drawn into the world of LoRa. So my new projects have been creating solar nodes.

Wife today finally asks what im doing. Im like well i have been making these little solar nodes to put on my properties for off grid messaging.

~blank stare~ what?

In case the cell networks go down we can text each other anywhere in the city.

~blank stare~ How TF do you come up with this shit.

3 Likes

Update for the forum

Received @aw9d flipper today. He did everything right. The board was even in good condition. Best i can tell from the documentation was that somewhere along the way an internal fuze was popped and the positive terminal no longer received power.

The above post i mentioned another person running a jumper from the 3v3 pad to the positive terminal of the RGB board was the proper fix. Running the jumper and turning the flipper on and it popped to life. Screen times out as expected and everything works perfectly.

Sending the board back to @aw9d and its all in perfect working order. Good thing to because it is a launch black flipper :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Woooo Hooo! Thank you sir for checking that out for me. I really do appericate it.

Not all hero’s wear capes! (or maybe you do)

I’m pretty sure @Hamspiced does wear a cape tho :wink:

I could see that.

It’s just nice to know that there are still good people left in this crazy world we live in.

1 Like

3 Likes

Got my flipper back and re-assembled. Works perfectly! And @Hamspiced was cool enough to ship me another board for my second flipper I got. So I’m going to do that tonight.

Again, my wife “really, you’re going to do that again? Can’t you leave shit alone”

Me: …yes… no… big grin

Thanks again for all the help. Super awesome community here.

3 Likes