Flipper Zero - Kickstarter RFID/RF/BLE/USB/IR

@darkdragon885

Yes and no. When Australia became a single nation the British colonies all combined under the federation. At that time Western Australia was considering not joining the federation, and New Zealand was considering it. So when the Constitution was drafted provision was made to cover those contingencies.

NZ is a seperate country. However Aus and NZ have special treaties and supporting legislation which lets both go back and forward without a visa and gives us both a right of residency in each other’s countries, including full access to local govt services, such as Universal Medicare here in Aus.

Citizens can vote in the other country if they are a non citizen but have lived there a year (from memory) but that right is via the treaties not the Constitution.

Then to make it even more confusing, my wife was born in NZ and moved here as a kid. So she is a dual citizen. My kids were born in Aus and have only been to NZ for holidays but also inherit NZ citizenship from their mother. Neither my wife or kids can run for federal parliament because they are dual citizens and would need to give up their NZ citizenship to do so (we have a few pollies every election or so who get caught because they have inherited dual citizenship from not just NZ).

On the other hand, despite being Australian and having a right to live and work in NZ and being married to a kiwi citizen with two kids who are citizens, I can only get NZ dual citizenship if I live there for I think 5 years…

Sorry for the long reply. I love talking about obscure laws!

1 Like

If you’re still having issues, message me after 10pm and I’ll see if I can help you get sorted.

1 Like

Appreciate it

Btw, for those still waiting (@Pilgrimsmaster)

I haven’t seen it mentioned… the flipper feels very well built… I figured it would feel like a cheap Bluetooth earbud case… but it feels quite substantial and solid

7/10 as a thrown weapon… because don’t lie… it’s a metric of something’s quality when you first handle something

2 Likes

Oh… it occurs to me I can try to instal q flipper on my other laptop…gonna give that a shot in a minute

@darthdomo have you had any luck with the companion app? Have they fixed the bugs / functionality?

Not darthdomo obviously, but I figure more opinions can’t hurt. The app is… fine, I guess? The connection issues have been fixed for the most part, and the UI is a whole lot better, but it’s just not all that useful as of right now. You can manage / share your dumps, view basic info about the flipper, and stream the screen. Those are certainly handy features when you need them, but it’s nothing amazing. I’m sure in the future the app will be a lot better though. Even just in the last little bit it’s improved a ton

1 Like

I only specified Darth because he was going to video review but chose not to due to bugs

I appreciate the reply, and good update, Thanks very much

Installed the Windows platform
Installed the App

Back to waiting

mr-bean-mr

1 Like

Mine has left Reno… They expect it to be here on Tuesday. Which MIGHT mean Monday.

2 Likes

@darthdomo sent you a message trying to get a flipper to install

Windows is throwing a fit that vcruntime140.dll is missing

Working on getting that settled

Have you checked the drivers?

Or a reboot?

Got q flipper running. Had to fix it the long way :roll_eyes:
Updated to the newest firmware

And then I learned it still can’t do hid prox II so now I’m sad for a while

how bout now :slight_smile:

Less sad, more dumber lol

(It always worked and I’m a derp)

1 Like

Hrmm a few observations

Can control it via Bluetooth, which adds shenanigan possibilities lol

Already has built in TV-B-GONE library… sweet

… I’m having trouble getting a 125khz to write to an implant… I’m hoping it’s not that it lacks the power to write to an implant… but I can successfully write to an iso card… not sure how to proceed

1 Like

I’ve noticed that with the HID and Indala modes, the verification check doesn’t go through properly, but the actual write operation seems to still work (with no indication that it worked). I always hold it in the right area for a bit, then go to read and see if it worked.

For EM mode, writing to my NExT seems to work perfectly, including a verification dialogue that it indeed wrote correctly.

1 Like

Hrmm lemme try to compare donor clone to implant

edit
Well would you look at that… it matches… so it cloned successfully

I was getting worried

You’re the best @darthdomo, appreciate you fixing my stupid

5 Likes

Well, mine arrived…

The good: it reads my NFC ring no problem.

The bad:

1. so far it doesn’t read my LF ring.
  2. My flipper is called p00nu.

Make of this what you will.

4 Likes

if your LF ring is anything that’s not em410x, em42xx, HID26bit (h10301) or indala you’re SOL for the time being

Forgot to mention my flippers name

1 Like