Flipper Zero - Kickstarter RFID/RF/BLE/USB/IR

How many people actually supported the kickstarter?

thinking about jumping on it, it’s only $120. could be worse. And, if I like the Flipper One more, I could sell the zero to recoup some costs.

32 hours left on the kickstarter. getting me really thinking about it.

1 Like

Flipper Zero — Tamagochi for Hackers by Flipper Devices Inc. — Kickstarter
Hope this helps :wink:

I’m backed for 3 of them at the moment.

Screenshot_2020-08-28 Flipper Zero — Tamagochi for Hackers

wowee!

One vote :ballot_box:

• How many Forum members backed the Flipper Zero?
  • How many Forum members will back the Flipper One?
  • How many Forum members will back both the Flipper Zero AND Flipper One?

0 voters

Backed the Flipper Zero + back both the Flipper Zero and Flipper One = Your Answer in percentage of total voters

I’m in for one Zero. Excited to see how it comes out!

1 Like

haha! definitely helps! I was wondering who supported it on this forum though lol. 35k is definitely a lot of people either way!

but, it is nice to know of the community here, that I’m already a little invested in, has some sort of stake it in.

dammit. $120. I’m going in.

2 Likes

Decided to get one pretty much on the day I read about it here - I’ve got no clue what I will do with it, but I love the idea :smile:

I’m hoping it will be an portable, standalone,easy to use Proxmark replacement

1 Like

That’d be really great - everything I read around here about the proxmark keeps me well from wanting to have one… Seems to be a great tool, but I don’t have any idea on how to work with that thing :smiley:

It is actually a great tool and very powerful, but in my opinion :-
It’s more than we need for our purposes ( Read, Write )
More complicated than it needs to be
Less portable than it could be.

I am hoping the Flipper Zero will :-

Have a screen interface

Flipper

:white_check_mark:

Ability to "plug in" for advanced settings

Read LF

125kHz RFID

Low-frequency proximity cards

This type of card is widely used in old access control systems around the world. It’s pretty dumb, keeps only N-byte ID and has no authentication mechanism, allowing it to be read, cloned and emulated by anyone. A 125 kHz antenna is located on the bottom of Flipper — it can read the EM-4100 and HID Prox cards, save them to memory and emulate any of the saved cards choosing it from the menu.

You can also emulate the card entering its ID manually, so you can easily send it to your friend in text format. Thus, Flipper owners can exchange card dumps with each other remotely.

Read HF

New feature unlocked! From this moment, all Flipper Zero units will have a built-in NFC module (13.56 MHz). Along with the 125KHz, it turns Flipper into an ultimate RFID device working on both ranges — Low Frequency (LF) and High Frequency (HF).

Flipper Zero will work with all the major standards, such as NXP Mifare. This is a new massive challenge for us. It adds a lot of work on the firmware side, and also complicates the antenna design, as both RFID antennas will need to be on the same PCB. We will do our best to accomplish it.

Store UID's / NUIDs in Memory, to select previous reads and then,

save them to memory and emulate any of the saved cards choosing it from the menu.

Be able to write HF and LF

After the ID has been saved, the writer can write the ID to a blank key. This isn’t necessary though, as the Flipper can even emulate the key itself.

To be able to write HF and LF to our xSeries and Flex Series Implants :question:

2 Likes

Thanks for that overview! Yep, seems like it is able to do anything we should need…

And that’s a big question mark for me, too - but if it is able to write HF and LF to cards, it should be able to write to implants as well, or not? So… (completely dumb question, maybe) - would it be possible to clone cards with it? From what I understand, it should be able to do that… guess I’ll try it out with my workbadge, once I get my little dolphin^^

1 Like

We hope so! Antenna geometry and RF design make a lot of difference. It’s why some locks just suck for implants, and why the blue cloner is a bit of substandard tool and requires pulling the case apart to use properly.

I did also talk to 0xFFFF (proxmark dev) on the discord - from the limited information they have provided on what chips they are using, all the RF stuff has direct modes and are pretty good choices. So plugging in to a computer and opening something like the Proxmark CLI to do more ‘proxmarky’ things should be possible if someone takes the time to develop it.

I only know what I have read, and these are just my GUESSES
and we really won’t know until somebody get their hands on one…maybe @koteeq able to do some testing on our behalf.
Again my guess would be
Highly likely to be able to write to a Flex Series

xSeries… Hopefully but :man_shrugging:

By clone you mean,
Cloning = writing UID to another implant/card/fob to use on the reader

Emulating = “Pretending” to be the card, and “replying” to the reader

Yes it SHOULD do both

1 Like

Pretty excited for this.

Looks like a fun toy to do some fun stuff with. Dolphins are cool too.

2 Likes

The proxmark is an amazing tool. The learning curve is not too bad just basic commands in a command prompt really. I bought mine because its the only thing that has an antenna designed for my LF implants. I worried about data tearing.

1 Like

Yep, Flipper Zero covers ALL the tasks regarding implants. Read, write, LF, HF, unlock T5577, etc. It’ll be even much easier than with Proxmark3.

Sad part: I’m talking about software. We have no idea on how it will couple with glass tags. I asked Pavel if we could adjust antenna so it would work well with both glass tags and normal cards, but unfortunately, looks like Flipper will have a pretty standard rectangular antenna.

Will see.

5 Likes

That sounds really great! Just got an update mail - can’t wait for my little dolphin to arrive, but I think I have to be patient for a few months^^

How plug and play is that antenna? Could I not relocate it like the Blue cloner?

Ahhh, I missed the out on backing the project. Now I must wait to order one, lol. Still excited this thing sounds like lots of fun.

We are taking a break and pause all marketing activities. Right now we are focused on development and manufacturing tasks. Pre-order may be opened in a few months on our website. So just take a rest for now. You can subscribe for updates on flippperzero.one to get an email when pre-order will be available. So right now keep calm and just wait for news.