Flipper Zero - Kickstarter RFID/RF/BLE/USB/IR

Just a heads up, that is just a 20Ah battery. The k is kilo (1000) and the m is milli (0.001) so a kilo-milli amp hour battery would just be an amp hour. Every time somebody mixes up their units in writing an engineer somewhere loses 1 marble

6 Likes

Actually, wouldn’t it be a 20 giga-amp hour battery since it’s 20 kilo-mega amp hours? :wink:

No, it would be 20 billion ah!'s, because the ampere unit is uppercase A - if you want to be pedantic about it :wink:

Lol I had to read that 3 times to understand because engineering notation has been beaten into me

I once worked with some OLD prints for an aerospace part from the early 50’s. Everything was in fractions. Thought the engineering intern was gonna lose his shit trying to figure it out.

Engineers are fun.

Wanna know how to completely stop a roomful of engineers?
Poor out a bag of Legos in the middle of 'em. I have done this, it works perfectly.

2 Likes

not gonna lie, this would definitely stop me, especially if it’s lego technics that shit is crazy lol

1 Like

It would certainly slow me down considerably: I never wear shoes, and stepping on lego bricks friggin’ hurts :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Lock Flipper with the Pass-combo!

Flipper Devices Inc.Creator

August 12, 2020

You’ve been asking how to deal with the fact that Flipper will store your secrets like U2F token and house keys. What if Flipper gets lost?

Well, no problem! For this case, we made a locking feature. You can lock Flipper and unlock it with the special pass-combo, like in good old fighting games (for example, →↑↑←↓↑↓). Users can set a pass-combo of any length, and all functions will be blocked until the combo is entered, including firmware flashing.

Additionally, it will be possible to hide some of the Flipper’s functions behind the secret joystick shortcut. And until this combination is entered, Flipper is just a harmless cute Tamagotchi with a bunch of cool mini-games and nothing else.

4 Likes

huh…

it’s funny, after going through so much chemistry and engineering classes, I thought I would catch that, but I never even noticed.

thanks for the heads up lol

Well to be fair chemistry uses scientific notation and in my engineering classes engineering notation was rarely if ever talked about

We actually meant cool viral videos including ones with implants :slight_smile: That’s why we answered that way.

Full disclosure: I am part of Flipper team now (yep, things changed since that time I wrote I’m their friend). So I can answer all the questions here and you can treat that as an official info. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Flipper One is a completely different product. Zero is based on STM32 and One is based on i.MX6 with Kali Linux on board, so One will be much more powerful, thicker and more expensive. Ah, and the One development will be continued in October, cause we’re focused on the Zero campaign now.

1 Like

If you do need extra testers for the RFID and implants side I’m happy to help out - I replied on the update but there’s no link for hardware testers to fill out.

3 Likes

So, is the one an upgrade to it? Or it’s something to have alongside?

I love the flipper zero, the only thing I really want is wifi capabilities.

It is a separate product.
The “big brother” if you will. Bigger, stronger faster.
FlipperZero Expected launch in Feb 2021
FlipperOne Expected launch TBD

Wow! I just got around to really reading the specs, this thing is awesome. I’d almost buy it for its garage door trick alone lol. Seriously, this thing is super cyberpunk! A cutesy tamagotchi with m4551v3 h4ck32 5k1115. I bet Ed’s got one!! If I had any money I’d get one!

ce65d9c1a813cad46ccd30a81fa20ba9

5 Likes

Today we can finally confirm: every Flipper Zero will have a MicroSD slot.

3 Likes

I can’t even use 90% of the features of this thing but I want one.

3 Likes

Sure you can! The Dolphin will help you!

4 Likes

Listen to the dolphin. The dolphin is love, the dolphin is life :dolphin: :dolphin: :dolphin:

2 Likes