Flipper Zero - Kickstarter RFID/RF/BLE/USB/IR

They’re definitely the best of any kickstarter project I’ve ever seen. It’s nice seeing them talk about mistakes and revisions, and not in a ‘begging for more time’ kind of way.

There’s a lot of good insights into what it takes to get a product like this produced, too.

4 Likes

With updates like these they don’t need to beg for more time. They’re not asking because they can just show us what they’re doing to bring us a good product. Stuff like this is part of why I like Dangerous Things.

4 Likes

I continue to be very interested, but question if it will couple with implants well…

The one April fools joke they posted showed a read, and it didn’t look easy, which gives me pause for its ability to write

I posted a comment asking for any update or attention in this use case, but I’m not overly optimistic we are a large enough user base to care about

I’ve got one coming when they eventually ship so I’ll be sure to post some info here.

1 Like

Just pre-ordered one myself too! I’ll have to remove the password on my NExT from my Blue Cloner with a Proxmark but that’s all good. 🥸

I’ve got a proxmark, just send me your NExT and I’ll take care of it :wink:

2 Likes

Do you need it removed or is it ok if he sends you the entire hand?

5 Likes

Maybe not large, but they already showed some interest - the lady who writes the blog is even (more or less) active here, so I might just call for @koteeq and maybe she can answer the implant-related questions here.

Assuming same person she actually responded to my comment on the page, post to follow

1 Like

Sounds pretty interesting…
Guess I’m just gonna try it out, I backed the Flipper on kickstarter, so I should get one soon™ :wink:
If it couples reasonably well it will be a very good alternative to the blue or white cloners with all their disadvantages.
If not, do you think it would be possible to add some custom antennas? The whole design of the flipper looks very modular, so maybe one could enhance it a bit…

1 Like

I also backed it on kickstarter so i can also try it out with a few different implants. I’ll also take it at work to see the full range of transponders it can read. We have quite a few transponder samples here to test our products. All in all i’m very excited for flipper zero :3

Great question and well-worded @Eriequiet

@koteeq is a great asset to have behind the scenes

I also have a Flipper pre-ordered, and I started a review ( Template ) in anticipation in JANUARY, I may not be the first to receive one, so for anybody that would like to write a review, feel free to Use it or not, it’s up to you, but here is what I have done so far

Template if you want it

#Placeholder

Flipper Zero :dolphin:

SOURCE

Currently Kickstarter only, Retail expected after fulfilment

Flipper Zero — Multitool for Hackers by Flipper Devices Inc. — Kickstarter

CAPABILITY

- YouTube

To be aware of:-
WARNING

PROs

• Open Source
• Multifrequency
• Multipurpose

CONs

• Antennas not optimised for xSeries implants

PRICE

$ 169 (Estimate Retail Price)

Summary:

Open Source

Rating by the community :robot:

:star: = :poop:
:star::star: = :pleading_face:
:star::star::star: = :neutral_face:
:star::star::star::star: = :grin:
:star::star::star::star::star: = :trophy:

Flipper Zero 1-5 :star:

0 voters

2 Likes

I only need my thumb, they can have the rest of it. Mind you, I have a Proxmark…just never shipped someone my own severed hand before! :wink:

1 Like

Just put in a preorder. This thing looks so awesome!

1 Like

another update ( not as relevant to “US” an update nonetheless )

Yet another juicy flipper update.

Interestingly, this update shows the dual frequency antennas for RFID as being a separate board. Makes me wonder if an internal or external implant-optimized antenna is possible…

2 Likes

Just put in a preorder! I had to jump on the coupon this is just too freaking cool to pass up on!

1 Like

$10? What coupon?

$10 is the preorder price but if you preorder you’ll get a coupon code in the mail for $40 off retail in the fall!

4 Likes

Basically you can pre-order right now to lock in the discounted price, and get it after the Kickstarter batch. You pay $10 as a downpayment, and you get a coupon code that lets you get it for $119 instead of $169 once it releases.

EDIT: Stephen beat me to it

3 Likes