Flipper Zero - Kickstarter RFID/RF/BLE/USB/IR

1 Like

When I backed them on kickstarter, it was stated that shipping should start in the beginning of 2021 - like, I guess it was february. I am really happy they post updates the way they do, otherwise I would be pretty worried by now… :wink:
And I think the current shortage on… everything?.. is almost absurd by now - I’m (still) renovating, and my carpenter says he’s running short on wood, my electrician tells me the prices for cables are basically exploding, and now it’s with microchips, too… sigh. Crazy times :woman_shrugging: :smile:

Oh it’s been microchips for a WHILE, it just started at the top and it’s working it’s way down to the smaller simpler chips now

this got a laugh out of me. Yeah the microchip shortage has been affecting almost everyone. My roommate has a side business where he fixes stereo equipment and even if he can get the components, most of them have risen in price.

2 Likes

I have backed Kickstarter projects that have delivered well over a year late. Personally my approach is not to back projects I am uncertain about, and only back with money I can afford to lose.

Some projects have been way better than I expected, others worse. The one that was a scam I left before it was funded.

The microchip shortages are horrible right now. The company i work for has such huge problems getting the chips that we have to do multiple redesigns right now before we run out of components. There are only months til we run out. We very likely have to halt the sales soon if we can’t get this done. I fully understand the problems the Flipper team has to deal with at the moment.

My company - which is rather old fashioned - likes to stock up on critical and not-so-critical components. No JIT supply chain here. And that’s just as well: one of our biggest customer made us certify that we could supply them for the next 2 years last year at the beginning of the pandemic, and supply copies of our inventory and everything. Good thing we could.

So far, as far as I know the shortage hasn’t hit us much… more custom pcbs with simple chips than anything terribly complex but still

I like the think that we have a stable parts contract, which should keep fed,

Others like the auto industry tried to cancel orders during the covid slump, and then tried to restart… which bit them in the ass pretty good

In this market I think you keep your chips coming and stack them deep before you ever cancel shipments to save a buck

Update time!

The infrared functionality looks super cool.

2 Likes

For those that haven’t seen it: it looks like the flipper should couple with glassies pretty well!

10 Likes

Now I really want a flipper

1 Like

FUCK YEAH.

I’m glad @koteeq has been involved in the whole Kickstarter right from the get go.

and we know it works (Worked) with HF

You can still do a $10 down early promo

Call my pessimistic, but I still haven’t heard a single thing about “writing” to an implant,
Takes a bit more oomph to write than read

Casually overlooking it? or actively avoiding something negative

Well find out once they ship I guess

You are pessimistic :wink:

Yep this one. :up:

Don’t live your life as an Eeyore, instead, be a Tigger

tigger-eeyote

:flipper:

2 Likes

Hmmm, I think I have a book called “The wisdom of Eeyore”.

1 Like

6 Likes

The latest update

2 points of concern for me

First being, the rfid side is obviously important to us so to see problems with the antennas is concerning since it’s the heart of what we want

Also it only says it can READ nfc, no writing… which is weird and slightly useless

I’ve made a video with reading and writing the T5577 half of my NExT :slight_smile:

6 Likes