but got quickly overwhelmed by amount of information, excessive amounts of terminology and huge choice of devices.
Completely understandable, there is A LOT when you first start down this path.
To start you off slowly ( there is much more to it, but it will come in time by reading through these forums)
There are only 2 Main frequencies
Low Frequency ( LF ) 125 kHz
- A lot of access systems use this
High Frequency ( HF ) 13.56 MHz
- Some access systems use this and also NFC capable Phones
For now, don’t worry about all the numbers and terminology you see, Just know that there is a very good chance, there will be a product that will do what you want ( Except Payment like a credit card, but this is coming )
There are 2 Main Types of implants
- These are the x-Series implants about the size of 2 grains of rice end-end, preloaded into a sterile syringe
- These are the flat HF implants that have better-performing antennas but require more skill to implant and a bigger hole required
Before I move to the questions, I should mention that I’m living in Russia, and if I check the map of professional installation partners - that’s literally middle of nowhere.
- As @JennyMcLane mentioned, Any body piercer should be able to implant this for you.
- Failing that, a doctor, nurse or medic would be able to but they will likely take more convincing…
- A self-install is possible, but it sounds like you are not up for that
Nor I want to do it myself…I pretty much scared of injections
- A friend would also be able to do it, and I will provide links that will make this very clear that it is easy to do
read https://dangerousthings.com/wp-content/uploads/Introduction-to-Implantable-Transponders-for-Professionals.pdf ?
read https://dangerousthings.com/wp-content/uploads/Professional-Guide-to-2x12mm-transponder-installation.pdf ?
Watch Installation procedure Guide 1
Watch Installation Procedure Guide 2
Watch Needle insertion angle
How to approach a professional DT Info
- My first guess was to use it for payment - but in Russia, as far as I know, copying card data is illegal.
As stated above, that technology is not QUITE ready yet
- I have a pass on my jobsite, thought of copying pass’s data to the chip.
That is the perfect use, However you will need to provide us some more information on this
and you have a couple of approaches you can take.
Ask the people that manage your access system
Take a photo of your card and Access panel ( Don’t get caught, we dont wan’t you going to a Gulag )
Ideally, we need to know:-
- What Frequency it operates on ( normally it will either be 125 kHz or 13.56 MHz, but sometimes both. My work is capable of both but only operates 125kHZ )
The easiest way to do this is with a RFID Diagnostic Card But if you buy what suggest below, it comes with one of these
- We also need to know the protocol it is running to find the compatibility with the correct implant. ( these are all the numbers you would have seen [NTAG216 ISO14443A T5577 etc. ]
Hopefully, from the information you can find, we will be able to work this out
Now for the hurdle
The programming / cloning of your implant.
This is going to depend on your access system.
BEST CASE SCENARIO
the people that manage your access system are willing to enroll or be bribed to enroll your implant ( If they are, then you are all done)
If not, and it is 125kHz system, there are some simple “cheap” solutions
If not, and it is a 13.56MHz system it gets tricky and can be more expensive but possible.
Let’s worry about that when / if we have to.
- Door … unfortunately has a magnet lock, a no-go I guess.
The actual locking mechanism doesn’t make a difference. ie. If by swiping your access card / fob it releases the magnetic lock, then that’s all that matters
- Some smartphone apps… But my phone doesn’t support NFC, so a no-go as well I guess.
There are other options, but an NFC capable phone is the most convenient ( Easiest )
(Let’s wait and see what you need first)
- Everything else I can think of is some custom stuff which I think will be easily achievable - like unblocking PC via chip
enabling custom-built devices etc
There are a lot of other things on the market, just search for 125 kHz & / or 13.56 MHz
The shipment cost to Russia -
That will depend on what you buy, Some products have free shipping…
how much the taxes are there?
Sorry, I can help you with this one, that will be the at the Russian end
Basing on what I told above - might suggest any kind of chip?
Initially, I would say get a NExT ( Which you get free postage )
it does both frequencies 125 kHz & 13.56 MHz
There are 2 options
NExT Standard Kit
- 1 RFID Diagnostic Card
- 1 xLED-LF 125kHz Field Tester
- 1 xLED-HF 13.56MHz Field Tester
NExT Deluxe Kit
AS ABOVE, PLUS
- 1 xEM Access Controller ( 125kHz controller )
- 1 Dangerous KBR1 Keyboard Wedge Reader ( Computer unlock )
But let’s wait to see what information you can get about your work access system, However I think the NExT will be a very likely solution for you
I concur, with you both, that sounds awesome.
Dont forget to share some photos
Thank you in advance!
No problems comrade