Harassment for being a cyborg?

Part of me thinks my mom would hype my PA. That’s not a risk I’m willing to take by sharing though :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m a redneck myself and I can say from experience yes most of my family pick at me or make fun of me saying that it’s stupid or that I must have something wrong with my brain. But who cares honestly man

Hello Rosco :wink:

Had my first slightly negative experience today - I was in a key service shop, to get some infos about locks that might or might not work with my implants. I asked the shop assistant (or whatever he was) about frequencies and such, and his first question was whether I was a “test buyer”, because nobody would ever ask such questions. I told him that I wanted to be sure my chip (showed my still slightly swollen hand with a flexNExT inside) would work with it, and his expression turned from as-friendly-as-necessary-towards-a-customer to hardly concealed disgust. I tried to explain what that chip does, why I got it (he assumed it was a medical necessity, for nobody on earth would get that voluntarily…) and why I’d like to have a lock that works on the right frequency, and he finally decided to contact the company who builds the locks.
When he was done with noting everything possibly important, he just said that he “fears for mankind” when he sees “such things”, and that he hopes we won’t all “be forced to wear such stuff in the future”. Siiiiigh. Guess I shook up some world view today.

7 Likes

I’m playing a tiny violin for him :musical_note:

3 Likes

As a salesman serving a customer on behalf of his employer, what he told you was way out of line. I’d send a choice email to his employer if I were you - without mentioning his name, so as to not be a sumbitch neither, but mentioning the particular outlet you visited.

1 Like

It was, yes, but it was also his personal opinion. I’m working in sale as well, so I know I wouldn’t say something like that to our customers (and my employer might get a bit angry with me, if I would^^), and I don’t say it’s the right way to behave (for it definitely isn’t), but I’m a little used to such behaviour by now :wink: Usually, I just shrug and decide to buy my stuff elsewhere (after telling them why exactly I’m not supporting them) - which is what I’ll be doing in this case as well. But before, I’ll let him do all the research he promised to do :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Told my mom I was joining the Army. She cried, and looked at me and asked, “If you are joining for money, I will teach you how to make meth.”

So, is that all moms then?

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Lol! That’s funny and disturbing on so many levels.

What’s disturbing is: how did she get to know the army so well, for one thing?
Also, that sentence implies that she knew how to cook meth.

Interesting mom you have there bubba :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have questions and concerns, along with not knowing if I should be appalled or impressed

1 Like

Right? They give out amphetamine perscriptions like it was just discovered.

She does. She has openly told me about how she used to sell to make sure we had a roof and food.

Yes. Let’s go with that

1 Like

I have answers, and i am neither appalled or impressed. If you knew her, it would just be like, oh yeah, I can see that.

Emailed today: “We will be shipping by oct 5. Let me know if you have any other questions.”

Not really harassment - although it might be construed as such perhaps: my new coworker just discovered my doNExT and freaked out. And I mean, he fucking lost it.

I was having coffee in the break room, scanned the implant with my cellphone to open my emails (simple Tasker thingy I use) when he went “Wait, wa… what are those lights on your arm” looking around to find a laser - much to the amusement of my other colleagues who already know. I explained to him what it was, scanned it again to show him, and his face sort of melted: he started retching and rushed to the bathroom to hurl. We all stood there going “wtf…”

When he came out, he explained that the mere thought of something under my skin - particularly something that shows through my skin - made him super queasy, and in fact he looked like he might go for another round when he approached me again. My boss and I are genuinely wondering if he might get over it and be able to work with me now.

That’s a new one… I almost feel offended actually :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Now Rosco, surely you can’t take offence to that. Can’t be the first time someone ran out of the room and vomited when they saw what you had been hiding.

Really? Did that only happen to me? :slightly_frowning_face:

6 Likes

Hehe, maybe you should show him a pic of my glowy-power-button-thingy?

But yeah, I had a similar reaction of one of my colleagues as well - she didn’t rush to the bathroom, but she really grossed out at first. About half an hour later, she asked me to show it again - think she’s getting over it :smile:

This sounds… strange? A bit? Maybe? :wink:

1 Like

My new workmate told me his daughter had to wear an external fixation for three months to mend a broken tibia that wouldn’t heal, and he felt nauseous each and every time he saw her.

I did point out that my arm didn’t look bloody or skewered by metalling rods, but he said it didn’t matter: just the sight of the slightly raised bump, and imagining how it went in, was enough to make him sick.

He didn’t. He went out of his way to avoid me the rest of the afternoon. A bit weak-stomached if you ask me, but I pity him nonetheless: life must be hell for him if he gets all upset over so little.

With any luck he’ll be desensitized soon. And then I’ll tell him about the other implants, to make sure it sinks in real good. Cuz he doesn’t know about those yet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Walk into his office, hold your hand over his computer, let out an amused chuckle, and walk away.

1 Like

Dude started yesterday. He don’t know his way around the building, who does what where, and his office isn’t setup yet. I know it doesn’t always sound that way, but I’m not a mean man :slight_smile:

1 Like

go into his room, touch his computer with your chip hand and look at him with a stone cold glare and say something like “are you allowed to store that kid of stuff on your work computer?!!??!?!?!”

2 Likes