Harassment for being a cyborg?

Because to them the Bible is fact and anyone/anything that challenges it is damned to hell. It only takes a small group of them to engage the masses.

1 Like

Correct - irs only a small group if christians.

Its also intresting: walking with ny “Keep calm and get chipped” Shirt around in public - no stranger or peopke who sell religiozs stuff is talking to me :joy:

6 Likes

Yeah, your Tshirt is awesome Jenny.

3 Likes

Here’s a little story: last year or so, I went to the local flea market like I did every Sunday morning. There were two Jehovah’s Witnesses peddling their wares in the cold, outside of the cattle market where the flea market used to take place.

As I was coming out of the hall, one of them approached me:

“Hello Sir. I see you follow the path of Jesus Christ. Would you like to know more about Kingdom Hall?”
“Uuh? What? What do you mean?”
“Well, I see you wear no shoes. Surely you must be following the message of humility of Our Lord.”

I was completely taken aback. So I decided to poke a little fun at them:

“Naah” I said “I’m trying the walking on water thing, but it doesn’t seem to work for me for some reason. I was thinking of giving up actually.”

You should have seen his face :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Digiwell sell them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I used to live in the philippines(january) and make-up was pretty much required for my female friends because of how religious it was(Christian) my school even had Christian classes and being an atheist would pretty much screw you for life there.(I am an atheist, not told anyone, for reasons stated above)

Hey @anon3825968,

How’d that coworker situation pan out? Did the guy ever adjust to it, or is he still tripping?

He seems mostly okay with it now, unless he sees the doNExT’s blinkies. Then he gets queasy.

It doesn’t happen too often nowadays, since winter is coming and I wear long sleeve shirts. But sometimes my sleeve goes up and I forget he’s around when I scan it to check my mails on my cellphone in a meeting or whatever. Then he goes pale and I apologize.

At least it gets better: before, when he popped into my office and the computer autolocked because I faced away from the sonar thingy, and I’d unlock it with my foot to show him something on the screen, he used to go eeh-aah-don’t-do-that. Now he’s okay because he says it’s like a foot pedal after all.

He’s not too fond of watching me unlock my office door with my new NFC door handle neither. But it’s okay because he arrives at work later than I do and I leave my door unlocked all day long. But if I come back later and I bump into him in the corridor, he visibly cringes. Such a weird reaction.

I’m hoping he’ll get past the blinkies at some point. I guess it’s like slasher flicks: the more you watch, the more desensitzed you get. But for now he still dreads the orange dots :slight_smile:

8 Likes