Help identifying this

Hi! So I’m not new to body mods, but totally new on biohacking. So I contacted the nearest piercing shop the website dangerous things recommend me to get my biochip installed in, and she sent me two photos which I can’t identify what they are… I’m not getting those in, I will probably buy my own, I’m thinking about blue or white xSIID and the newest and more customizable models, and take them to her to get them installed, but I’m still curious of what are these, because the websites doesn’t work anymore and something tells me are older models.

received_863819694402241

Apparently it’s an NTAG216 glass implant sold by this tattoo / bodymod parlor supplier “Trust Wholesale” out in Germany. Where it comes from, I have no idea. What it’s worth and how safe it is, even less.

I would avoid it myself. For all you know, they bought batches of that chip sight unseen from some Chinese supplier, repackaged them and sold then as-is. I would venture a guess that’s probably exactly what they did, in fact.

2 Likes

Basically exactly what rosco said, ntag216 apparently probably a rebag of Chinese chips. Similar to the i am robot ones.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I thought… Since the piercing parlor was on dangerous things website, I actually thought they would have decent implants. But these are not up to my standard. To be honest they were not up to my standard as soon as I saw the photos…
Thanks for your help!

2 Likes

Your piercing parlor is probably listed as a partner. That doesn’t force them to sell DT chips.

You could order the chip you’re comfortable implanting from a reputable supplier (guess which :slight_smile:) and go to the piercer’s to ask them to implant that one instead. I doubt they would refuse or take offense.

2 Likes

Is it just me or does that chip look like it’s coated in bio bond? (Which wouldn’t be a shock if China repack)

2 Likes

Yeah I already did, I told her I would get my own and she said no probs £20 to get it done. So I don’t think she took any offence. I rather get what I really want and from a trusted supplier (of course DT).

1 Like

At least they’re not greedy :slight_smile: 20 quid is reasonable.

3 Likes

Since you are in the UK

You can also order DT products from KSEC, probably faster, taxes easier
I’m not sure which will work out cheaper though
Here is there site if you need / want it

https://labs.ksec.co.uk/product-category/dt-dangerous-things-llc/

Plus they also have a piercing parlour map.

Looks like Edinburgh is the closest to you on their map

Ink Dependent

Address: 56 Dalry Rd, Edinburgh EH11 2BA

Inkdependent@ksecsolutions.com

Ink Dependent

Remaining map options

1 Like

Oh my God you just made my day!! I’m going to look into it because right now there’s a lockdown going on… But I’m fairly close to Edinburgh for when they open! I wish there was some in Inverness though, but that for another topic.
Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Oh, it sounds like they have some experience, and £20 is good. So probably no need to shop around if they are close to you

Beautiful part of the world :+1:

Not a problem

1 Like

Glasgow actually is closer to me than the other studio, but they are also £30 more expensive. So depending on the moment, maybe I take the trip to the cheaper parlour and I do some tourism :joy: but if covid still creeps upon us then I’ll go to Glasgow.

1 Like

I’m usually in Edinburgh! Last I checked, Wojtek is good to do x series and it costs £30 if you buy it yourself, although can’t do any flex ones if you’re considering it on the future. I think the partner in Glasgow can do it though, if you’re considering it. Just a heads up for currently, there’s a lockdown going onto the end of January, so all piercing shops in Scotland are currently closed until further notice.

2 Likes

Is that per install?

That will soon add up depending on how many you get done.
If you get enough, you could have bought another implant.
2 installs and thats almos a NExT!! Just something for you to consider.

Also dont forget to use KSECs Custom Cyborg builder to maximise your discounts

https://labs.ksec.co.uk/product/custom-cyborg-builder/

2 Likes

Is that per install?

That will soon add up depending on how many you get done.
If you get enough, you could have bought another implant.
2 installs and thats almos a NExT!! Just something for you to consider.

Also dont forget to use KSECs Custom Cyborg builder to maximise your discounts

https://labs.ksec.co.uk/product/custom-cyborg-builder/

1 Like

Funny enough, I know those guys indirectly (they are the suppliers of my local piercer), and they usually deliver top quality. So I looked it up on their site, and they don’t sell anything with RFID at all. So either this thing is really, really old or completely fake…

3 Likes

There is a fair chance that you alone keep them afloat :slight_smile:

3 Likes

They might have earned one or the other euro on me already, yes… :smile:
Just realized that they support my bodymodder as well, damn^^

Ordering form Amal is noticeably cheaper and generally fast as lightning.
KSEC is just around the corner, but afaih it takes almost the same time to the items to arrive. Also KSEC is charging for post. I don’t remember being charged for delivery when ordering from DT. Maybe I was, I just don’t remember.

Also, 2.1x12mm is a standard (large) size animal chip, right?
Don’t get me wrong, but I would name and shame for this!

2 Likes