HF LED Power Accessories

Oh damn, I didn’t even think of that. You’re probably right. Eventually the driver circuit could be on a small PCB with a microcontroller, and we could leave 4 test points exposed to reprogram the thing. Could even put a little DIP switch on there to flip between a few different configs, and a little smt pot to adjust the blink intervals.

Could potentially throw a LE Bluetooth circuit on there.
Blinking hand for phone notifications anyone?

4 Likes

Would only work when holding the phone though no?

1 Like

No. I’m saying have the phone in your bag or pocket talk to the bracelet via Bluetooth and that would blink the led

2 Likes

I would buy that and a xled immediately

3 Likes

@TomHarkness is actually the guy working on this, but the project has been derailed several times. I can tell you that the NTAG216 has a 50pF capacitance which means the inductance of the antenna for the NTAG216 chip anyway is around ~2.75uH … and in general, it’s better if your antenna inductances are at least close to each other.

Also smaller wire diameter is a good way to get voltage up, at the cost of current transmission… but current isn’t really a big need here since you’re dealing with LEDs and such… getting a strong / large field by way of higher voltage is more important.

1 Like

That’s a good idea, I will get some thinner wire, I have been using the thicker stuff because it hods it’s form much better but I can just 3d print something to wrap the wire around.

Yeah, so far i have been like 3 to 30 times that inductance depending on the coil I tried, I will try match it.

The signal from the pierce oscillator is also quite messy, I don’t know how much that would effect things. It’s distinctly a sine wave but its not clean at all (could be my shitty o-scope though).

Given the @amal’s post here:

I might focus more on flat chips like the nfc fingernails. I will still give LF a go at some point too.

1 Like

3 Likes

I am a hands on kind of person, so I would like to try making coils. It looks like it would give me experience with a breadboard also?

If you don’t mind me asking, can you, or anyone, point me in the direction I need to go for purchasing stuff? I am starting from nothing.

2 Likes

Digikey and Mouser are the two big sites I, and most people, use. That said, they can be overwhelming. Amazon actually has a fair selections if you watch for quality.

Sparkfun is much easier to navigate, especially if looking for inspiration. Not as good a selections, but some neat project materials.

2 Likes

I will look into them. Thank you for that.

I was looking at them because they have a breadboard beginner’s kit, and I need to learn how to use one and stuff. I will look at the other places also now.

2 Likes

Just to be clear breadboards are simply a way of connecting components together.

The holes are connected in numberered rows. So all the pins in row 1 are connected so you can easily connect things with little jumper wires.

The learning bit will be, what you are sticking in it and why. But the breadboard is fairly simple in of itself.

1 Like

Farnell UK is great, hobbytronics, cool components there all good for arduino, pi ect

If your looking to get started pick up a arduino beginners kit off amazon and a pack of screw drivers.

2 Likes

That takes me back many years…

4 Likes

I have been reading for a fair bit now, I just learn better hands on. It is so much more easy to follow along and learn.

I can be that grown ass man who makes a little RC car. I am cool with that. Everyone starts somewhere.

3 Likes

The kit we where chatting about yesterday will do fine.

This thing for those following along from home this is a starter kit, there are many options all over the place.

2 Likes

I’m a grown ass man and the last thing I made is a butterfly that spins around for my kitty when I ask Alexa to “turn on the butterfly”.

7 Likes

I have no more likes :disappointed_relieved: but yes thats the exact type of kit I’m talking about. I bout one for Christmas for my 5yr old he love working on bits with me!

That was our first “big” project, ps2 remote and a battery powered tracked rc car comes to life :grinning:

3 Likes

Was college that long ago?

2 Likes