HID Iclass to NexT

The previous company I was at used iClass readers, but the badges they used were 125khz. I was able to copy my ID the my next and it worked… Sometimes. Half the time it would read fine, half the time it would try to read the HF side and decline the swipe, flashing blue.

Interesting! Do you recall what model of readers they had? I don’t think this one has any LF capability (but I could be wrong). It’s an SE R40.

I remember it had iClass SE on the front, it looks the same as their website for the R40. We also used slimmer ones which were the 5365 Miniprox, which seemed to work much better on reads in regards to range and not reading the HF side since they are strictly LF.

I will test this next week when i am in the office.
I will check if they are willing to enroll my Next into the system.

Otherwise i will see what model of reader they use and if it is HF or LF.
The only thing that i know is that it is just iClass and not iClass SE

I just saw that my Iclass tag also has an LF search result. It says Indala. But everytime I do the command, another it changes the raw output. Is this normal behaviour?
for example:

Could I copy the LF side of the tag and see if that works on the reader? I will probably need to do something else instead of just “lf indala clone” as the output is always different. Thanks for the help guys

Indala 9/10 times is a false positive. Random ethereal noise.

1 Like

I think the reason Indala comes up a lot when there is noise, even if that noise is from an HF transponder, is that the Indala data format has either no parity or CRC checks or a woefully inadequate one.

4 Likes

@Zenef are you trying to copy an Amazon badge by chance? Pico Pass is what they use at my warehouse currently, which I don’t see often.

No, It is this one. They use it at one of the buildings I work in.

I think that the plain iClass readers are only high frequency. But you can always try the diagnostic card that you got with your NExT.

That’s probably your best bet. I hope that you can get it enrolled.

iClass is on the matrix and it works with the xDF2. So the readers you’ve got at work are likely to read glassies.

Please keep us updated if you manage to get the NTAG216 of your NExT to work.

Yeah,
I would also go with a probably rather than a definitely, even on the same reader, there could be a difference in power output, model version, firmware etc and therefore different results.

I would use the Matrix as a “good guide”, but not gospel, there is a chance of different results.

I have tried to keep the information as accurate as possible within the Matrix, and links to relevant threads where possible, so follow those links and ideally contact the poster to ask further questions if needed.

Question,

How would I be able to clone for example an Iclass to https://dangerousthings.com/product/flexclass/
Because when using proxmark3, Iclass does not have a “clone” option. Is there a walktrough or guide online? Or the commands that need to be used? I am not finding anything atm. i think after this question everything is answered.

Before joining dangerous things forum:

thumb_rottomless-brainlet-wojak-48933168

After joining dangerous things forum:

1 Like

you’ll want to copy over blocks 6 through 9 I believe, there should be a guide on the forum here with the proxmark commands

No, this is the actual before:

And here’s the after:

Result:

Not able to enroll the xNT side of my NEXT into the ICLASS system.
The readers only read HF , confirmed with the diagnostic card. They were happy to enroll my NEXT chip but it would not read unfortunatly. But as I see in the matric , Flex m1 should work to enroll so I will try that next after I got it implanted. Hopefully that will give me a better result.

Screenshot of the reader. It is a bosch Iclass reader

Did you try using the field detector keychain on that reader?

No I did not.
Do you mean to say that a read could be possible but that I did not place my chip right?
I can try it again next week to be sure…

Check the video on the product page to see why this tool is critical for figuring out how to present your x-series implants to readers;

1 Like

Il double check with the detector to be 100% sure I placed my chip right against the reader.
Thanks for the video explaining it. Il update it next week

1 Like

So in the end I actually got it to read, bad news is the software they use to enroll their HID Iclass fobs sees the xNT as “unknown device” . I don’t know what program they use but I saw the HID Bosch logo at the top right so it is probably official Bosch software for enrolling HID Iclass badges etc…

I don’t know if the software will read an flexm1 chip or it will also show as unknown. i don’t want to disturb the receptionist anymore with my shenanigans if I don’t know if it will work :slight_smile: Maybe I should get the flexClass to be sure :wink: