Hilton Digital Key

I will be staying at the Canopy Hilton in Minneapolis. Apparently they use a digital key that you can use with an app on your phone. Does anyone know if these digital keys can be cloned?

Hey, welcome to the Twin Cities!

I’m not super familiar with Hilton’s system. Do they give you a card you can read with your phone?
Do you have a proxmark with you?

1 Like

Thank you! I won’t be there till November so I am not sure how their system works. I have a DT proxmark3 and will definitely test it out once I check in but was curious if anyone has messed with their digital keys to see if it’s possible

1 Like

I’ll know “soon” in the future since I’m going to try it. I just haven’t got that far yet with my Proxmark. I do have key cards here from a couple of Hilton properties, and they are definitely some form of MiFare. I’ll let you know when I look into it further. :wink:

1 Like

I appreciate it!

I stayed at a hotel not too long back - they were quite resistant to me using my implants.

i was able to get their reader to read my next, and i could beep door with it.

they would not let me use my hand as access - for “security reasons” and i didn’t have my proxmark.
i could not read the card they gave with my phone.

also - 3 weeks after that, we had bedbugs
it took me months to get rid of them.

i called the hotel to warn them and the guy went MENTAL saying i was trying to scam them.

in short, in my experiences, don’t even bother.

2 Likes

Most hotels in the us use mifare1K access system.
The app access has absolutely nothing to do with the door reader, it go through online portal and unlock the door from the main hotel control system.
(Yes, they know how and when you open your door …)

I never had a hotel willing (able) to take the NExT as an access point … Youd need a magic 1K and be able to break/clone it to a Blanc card

1 Like

Thank you! Luckily I have a flexM1 so it should all work out :slight_smile:

Clone the card they give you to the front desk and you’re good to go :+1:

1 Like

I stayed at a Hampton Inn & Suites (owned by Hilton) recently, and I was unsuccessful in cloning it to my xM1. Didn’t try too hard since I was only there for 1 night… but figured I’d share my post in case you run into any issues.

Help Cloning MIFARE Classic EV1 (MF1S50) to xM1

2 Likes

Hey wassssssup? I was finally playing around with the Proxmark the last two evenings. I got a few things figured out as far as extracting the data from the key cards from 3 different hotels I stayed at over the past year. Two of them are Hilton properties as well, and one was using Mifare Classic 1k, and the other is Mifare Ultralight. I will be posting screenshots of the data and stuff over the next week or so. The one that uses the Mifare Classic I was able to use the autopwn to extract the key from it. I should be able to write that to my xM1, although if the door readers are powerful enough to couple with it, that’s another thing. But the Mifare Ultralight is kind of interesting since I have been there twice. Each time I was there, I requested 2 cards even though I was the only one staying in the room. This way I see what changes between visits and what’s the same on both cards. (They are have a different first 4 bytes of the UID). I will post some screenshots and explain when I get a chance here. I also got some more playing around and research to do yet too. I may be going there again soon in the future so I’ll be playing around even more… :wink:

2 Likes

I will update the hotel sheet on the matrix when you update your results

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1WbIgoK2sKdhQfnMdKhHSrhioC1t1eJTN08BzxpVFnvs/htmlview#

1 Like

I didn’t realize we kept track of that … I have a bunch of them I can check …

2 Likes

Relatively unrelated, but Anytime Fitness can be cloned onto T5577 chips, worked on my magic ring a just a random test card I had. A little more involved than just cloning an ID, but it’s doable. Not sure if it warrants being added to the spreadsheet or not, but I saw there’s another gym in there while I was looking through it, so I figured I’d mention it.

2 Likes