Hmm, I might have to implant my mom

Ain’t gonna work. The bracelet will need either a M1k chip out of a genuine Yale tag, or a Magic M1k that I reprogrammed with the data from a genuine Yale tag.

Since my mom likes Swatch watches and those things are nothing but overpriced plastic, I’m thinking of buying one and sticking a chip in it. And since her birthday is coming up, that would make a birthday present too.

Chip sticker or Chip Chip? Would a sticker read through the watch face if you put it inside?

I’ll extract one - with the antenna and all - either from one of my Magic Chinese M1k blank cards, or from a Yale tag. Probably the former, as Yale tags are embedded in what looks like silicone, so it probably won’t dissolve in acetone. Then I’ll lay the chip somewhere where there’s space at the back of the watch, and the antenna around the perimeter. It’s plasticky enough that it should read right through.

Would she use a cloth band you could sew it into?

Edit to say, you could see if Amal has any mis shaped xm1 maybe, and just split the band a bit and slide it between the layers. Or have a resin only one made/mistakes he couldn’t use.

1 Like

I think the band/modified watch is probably the best option. A ring might be possible but the few commercial ones I’ve tried the performance is shyte. Upon investigation it’s just a miniature tag directly upon the metal ring covered in a resin, no spacer, no ‘anti-metal’ substrates. I’d ‘roll my own’ in resin.

That’s not an option: Amal doesn’t make mistakes

side-eye

2 Likes

@anon3825968 I could send you a 30mm diameter magic 1k ring coil I use for flexMTs along with your custom flexNExT.

Speaking of… do you want purple or yellow LEDs or would you prefer to wait for the greens to come in?

Let me buy the watch first. I’ll go to town tomorrow to have a look at what the store has, see what my mom might like, and try to measure the inner diameter with calipers. If it looks like 30mm+, then yes that might be a good idea for a clean job. If it’s under 30mm, it’ll have been wasted.

Ah! And I thought my mom was forgetful :slight_smile:

👇

So, unless you’re reasonably sure you’ll get the greenies very soon, 3 yellows then.

1 Like

dude… that’s why i got implants yo! hahaha i was always forgetting my keys…

4 Likes

i can work on this today and hopefully get it out before this weekend.

Very groovy. The body artist has confirmed he’ll be able to handle all my requests too today. So it’ll all falling into place.

You talkin to Lassi? I am making him some custom stuff right now too :slight_smile:

Is there anybody you don’t know in this little world? :slight_smile:

Yes, that’d be Lassi.

1 Like

If you’re ok with it, I might have him film the install on your hand… nothing shown other than what’s posted here already… if that’s ok :slight_smile:

Well I intended to ask him anyway when he gets there. But I know many professionals (of any profession) don’t like being filmed when they work - in case they do something wrong and it’s recorded I guess.

But yeah, if you want to ask him, go right ahead.

Perf… he’s got a documentary crew there now with the good shit cameras so def we’re filming it.

1 Like

Unlikely, unless the camera crew sticks around for another month and a half and travels with him 400 miles to my town. He’ll be performing my implant jobs as a visiting artist, visiting my local piercer’s shop.

Come to think of it, he’ll also implant my FlexM1 and my FlexEM - if you want video clips of that too.

these are exactly what i want to see actually… i am sending him a bunch of our custom needles to film exactly this.

Well, how handy is that: I wanted to ask him whether he had that giant needle of yours for the FlexM1 - cuz it looks like a quicker, cleaner install than scalpeling out a thin long pocket. Seems like he does :slight_smile: