Houston, I have a problem (SOLVED)

If someone did receive a non-preprogrammed one, how would tehy go about to fix it? is it even possible?

we are working with NXP to fix TagWriter… but if they continue to fail us, we will release our own app. Until then, tread carefully.

Amal

4 Likes

I was talking about how you programmed them, if someone did not get it preprogrammed.

Can a user do that by him self if they would have received a non pre-programed one?

Yes it is technically possible. You can use NFC Shell or the advanced section of NFC Tools to send commands to the chip. I prefer NFC Shell because it’s able to issue multiple commands all at once, not one per scan session like NFC Tools.

Basically with NFC Shell you would issue the following command block to your xSIID;

A20244000F00
A2E20000FF00
A2E3000000E2

Then tap SEND and hold your phone solidly to your xSIID…

This will disable the lock bytes and set AUTH0 to E2… but it will not set a non-factory default password… this is ok… to write to the config pages the app would still need to authenticate with the PWD_AUTH command, even though the password is set to a factory default value… so it still offers basic protections against bumbling apps overwriting stuff they shouldn’t be.

3 Likes