How close can two implants be?

Hi guys,

I plan on getting flexM1 implanted soon and I’m doing some planning.
I already have xEM in L5 (left hand razors edge, also see pic below) for 3 years now.

Questions I have:

• Can I also put flexM1 in L5, just below an existing implant (Location 1 on pic below)? Any concerns with this?
  • If there are concerns with L5 (Location 1) do you guys see any problems with L4 (Location 2 on pic below)?
  • Related to both questions: how close can a new implant get to the existing, well encapsulated one? Update: note I’m not asking for chip crosstalk problems as one chip is LF and the other one is HF. I’m asking from the perspective of skin encapsulation.

Location 1 is my preferred location for the ease of use. I plan on using my flexM1 for local public transport, gym access and opening a safe at home.

Thanks everyone!

this thread covers it pretty well, give it a glance to see how people have placed theirs in relation to eachother

I have a flexM1 in the space between my pinkie and ring fingers’ metacarpals. I suggest you install it there, chip pointing towards the fingers, for 2 reasons:

• It’s safer and more comfortable there than on the knife edge: the implant, and particularly the chip which is kind of thick, has space to “sink” between the two bones and find its space there.

• If you put the chip finger-side, more of the NFC action will happen closer to the wrist. I’m really surprised how far towards my wrist the sweet spot is. I think that’s how you’ll have the best chance of avoiding crosstalk with your existing implant.

EDIT: sorry I read too fast. If your existing implant is LF, no crosstalk. My advice to install between the metacarpals stands though.

1 Like

Just try not to overlap the antennas. There might not be cross talk (called collision) but the antennas can detune each other if placed in certain ways “overtop” each other.

2 Likes