How does being a cyborg benefit your life?

Anyone care to share their stories about how having an implant has positively impacted their lives?

4 Likes

Sure :slight_smile:

Found many new friends - i have much more friends then before. The community is so amazing.

This year I got to converted payment chip implanted - so no wallets and we got also a RFID Lock on our front door.

I love to login into my computer with my implant. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

I’m pretty new around here and wouldn’t identify as a cyborg, but I have an implant in my hand that gets me in my front door. I use transit or bike most of the time, so unless I plan on driving somewhere I don’t have any keys to carry. Opening the door with an armful of groceries is definitely nicer with the implant than having to dig out keys and mess with them. It’s a number of small conveniences that add up, in my opinion.

5 Likes

To be honest not having to look for keys 3 times when coming back home drunk is a blessing, now I need to do it max. 1 time :sweat_smile:
xG3 is nice for party tricks, I used it for screws like only a few times

and unlocking my PC is absolutely GREAT

2 Likes

Currently I use mine too unlock my pc which is amazing! (If only the velcro to the bottom of my desk could stop being undone.).

I have plans to mod my car so I don’t need keys anymore

And my dorms are a dick so I can’t modify that…

The titan magnet is gonna be less convinient and more just cool

1 Like

As Jenny has said many more friends from this amazing community.

I can now seamlessly unlock my car doors instead of having to find the key.

Logging into my computer is an absolute breeze.

I never realized how many times I would use my popl thing on my xNT so that too.

Can watch people also try to stick staples to the blades edge of their hand.

Also it is just a great conversation starter.

1 Like

I found the VivoKey team, which has definitely improved my life. A group of like-minded biohackers who can actually get shit done!? So refreshing :kissing_smiling_eyes: :ok_hand:

Thanks Amal, fragger, Julio, and especially mdanger

9 Likes

It’s created a new problem for me.

I used to use keys, and I used to be extra-careful never to misplace them of forget them. I didn’t enjoy it, but I always managed never to find myself without my keys.

Now I don’t need keys anymore, apart from one that I use infrequently on certain doors at the office. And sure enough, I keep forgetting it at home. My boss is not impressed when it happens - which is far too often.

The damn implants make me careless… :slight_smile:

1 Like

It has certainly re-sparked my interest in electronics and coding for one, as well as helped increase my knowledge in a lot of new areas. At the start of the year I wouldn’t have had a friggin’ clue what an ACR122U or an FDX-B was.

I’ve also met some really wonderful people in this community who I speak with pretty much on the daily now :face_vomiting: and had a few conversations with people out in the world about implants that have ended up centered around body autonomy which has then changed some peoples perspectives on other related issues, such as body modification, abortion and medical transitioning.

2 Likes

Hell, I don’t know what an ACR112U is neither :slight_smile:

1 Like

hah, good catch :stuck_out_tongue:

The obvious one: I can leave my wallet (money + door card) when I go for a smoke or lunch break at work. Once I get some locks I can leave my keys aswell.

Content. This community has so many interesting projects, so much to read, so much to learn. When covid started I needed a new hobby, this was a perfect fit.
I have some new coding projects and I finally have a good reason to look into electronics. It’s a little too much actually.

It makes me happy. It’s been months since I have gotten my first implant, I still love it every time I open the door. I love to look at it. It’s just cool.

Mission failed :smiley:

1 Like

Can absolutely agree. Awesome community, so much to read and learn.
Will use my mainly for door locks but as well for some tricky things like automation workflows

That sounds like @magic :laughing:

2 Likes

Pilgrim are you doing okay buddy? :smile: Your puns are starting to make me think you’ve gone a bit senile.

I’m going to keep doing them until there are @NoUsersLefft :grin:

6 Likes

I mean, this.

I was devoid of focus prior to coming into VivoKey. I still have trouble, but I’ve got a lot of work done on things, and a lot of skill in multiple languages as a result.

Hah, you too mate.

I don’t think we’d have half the stuff we have sorted without you. I am completely useless trying to design even basic PCBs.

1 Like

I am very moved by all the positive comments.
Seems a very caring community of curious people.
Incredible what a little chip in a glass can do.

We are just starting. The more minds we collect the more stronger we become. Absolutely spread the word. Having more people with us gives us more power to make bigger and larger changes. And find amazing people too.

I didn’t knew nothing about microchip implants until November last year. And even now I still don’t have one implanted yet.

But literally everyday I work on a piece of software or code for VivoKey to get our chips to the next level. Seeing Amal’s passion and everyone’s support is absolutely inspiring.

Just wanted to hear about everyone’s cyborg life. And say thank you for being the pioneers proudly putting the t-shirt on and share your experiences with everyone.

5 Likes

When you get the chance, go and visit a “Chips & Beer” Party when Corona is over and it is possible to meet again in groups.
Its really cool: thsi was this year, before Corona: https://youtu.be/TUNjVqbTbTI

1 Like

No joke it got me a job.
I used to be a sysadmin at a cloud hosting company. I hated my boss and he hated me.
I was looking for another sysadmin position, and an MSP was hiring.
I sold them on my security background and included my implant in that. Blew them away.
Now I’m CISO.

6 Likes