How much did it cost to get your implant?

First: Welcome.

Second: This thread is 3+ years old - I doubt, since it’s about prices, that it still applies :wink:

1 Like

If you click on someone’s avatar you can see when they last were here. Anarchy81 was last on the board in June of 2018. Chances of getting a reply are pretty much nil.

However, maybe if you posted a thread with your general area, asking for reccomendations, somebody could point you in the right direction?

Edit:
In keeping with the spirit of the original poster, I payed 100 for install in Texas. (Long drive)

1 Like

And WELCOME!

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know, I knew it was a long shot trying to get a reply from a 3+ year old thread lol.

Thanks for that tip, will look at how active users are in the future, I will probably go to mean street tattoos, its 30 min from me.

1 Like

Have a read of this before you go, it should increase your chance of success

1 Like

@son_of_a_diddley mentioned using them in the older thread. So presumably they have done this before.

**Habe Meine Value Kit direkt bei DT gekauft Online mit VISA Card bezahlt
169$ shipping costs and EU VAT inklusive **
Lieferzeit 6 Tage nach Deutschland :de: Sehr Schnell :+1:t2: . Implantiert habe ich sie mir selber . Spark 2 Linke Hand , NeXT und XLed in die Rechte Hand Seite bei Seite . Kein Blut Keine Schmerzen kein verrutschen . Erst den Spark , dann am 3 Tag NeXT und XLed gleichzeitig mit separaten Einstichen. Jetzt sind 2 wochen vergangen Alles Super man sieht die Löcher nicht mehr :ok_hand:t3:

:warning: Achtung :warning:
:no_entry: das ist keine Anleitung zum Selber Implantieren​:no_entry: .
:warning: Ich rate Euch davon ab :warning:
Es können Gesundheitliche Schäden entstehen :microbe::thermometer::pill::syringe::drop_of_blood::mechanical_arm:!!

5 Likes

@Pilgrimsmaster - Hey, looks like someone is attempting to steal your most-emotes-in-one-post-crown! :stuck_out_tongue:

I paid $80 for the actual install. Sounds like it’s a bit higher than average, but I was quite happy with the process and my installer, and I will almost certainly go back when it’s time

1 Like

Thanks, Mean Street Tattoos is a partner so should be no hassle to get it done there.

Yea I had to shop around a few places as the first few I talked to wouldn’t do it at all
but once I found a guy who would, a piercer, he was actually familiar with these implants and did it on the spot for me for $40 USD

1 Like

Yeah definitely, JR at Mean Street did all 3 of mine so far. Just call the shop and ask for JR. He’s not in on certain days but you can still schedule a piercing appointment with the receptionist and let JR know that it’s a “Dangerous Things” install.

1 Like

I know it’s not really a reply to your question, but…

When I factor in the implant itself, the hardware needed to program it proper, and various devices to interact with (locks, readers, cellphone - although admittedly you probably already had the cellphone), the poor body artist really ain’t getting a lot of my biohacking money.

My “big job” installer asks 38 euros per installation on average, and my “small job” one often tells me it’s free just because we’re friends and I bring the beer. I’d be ashamed to say yes, So I make sure I round up whatever the former asks so that he gets 50 euros per implant at the very least, and I literally have to force the latter to take at least a twenty.

I’ve been shafted by tattoo parlors in the past, and I didn’t leave those a cent more than they asked for. But for nice guys like the ones I patronize now, it’d be criminal not to leave a reasonable tip.

3 Likes

Yea when I had mine done, he only wanted $40USD but I tipped him almost $25USD on top of that.

1 Like

Thanks, I set up an appointment for this Saturday

1 Like

So you gave him a $65 bill and told him to keep the change? :slight_smile:

I mean it’s such an odd tip. It’s great though, don’t get me wrong. But I can see you leaving $50 or $100. Maybe $60 if you only have 3 jacksons. But $65 takes a dedicated effort. How did you arrive at that figure?

A lot of card processor terminals here ask you if you want to apply a tip and it can be a % or it can be a set amount… that or he just put all his cash ok the table

would be my guess. Do many tattoo and body modification parlors have payment terminals in the US? Most of the good ones I’ve been to here in Europe only take cash.

This is sample size of 1, but my piercer’s shop has one of these:
They’re pretty common for small businesses in the US, like tattoo parlors.