How were you introduced into the world of Biohacking?

Just a curious question for all of you!

I was personally introduced into this sphere after learning about Magnetic Implants about three years ago, since then it’s something I’ve been invested in every now and then. Then about two months ago I finally pulled the trigger and bought my first implant!

7 Likes

I read one of the sensationalist pieces about Amal years ago. It was only in the last year or so I really thought of it being a worthwhile and viable thing for me. Finally pulled the trigger this year after realizing that it’s really not that expensive. I was expecting it to be a lot pricier than it is!

4 Likes

I read an article about Amal and NFC Implants. I started looking into it and found DT. Thanks google :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Heard about it from somewhere a long time ago, but the Modern Rogue episode reminded me of it. Saw the Cyborg bundle was on sale, so I ended up buying it :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I locked myself out of the house once too many, and I didn’t want to stick the key under the mat. Since I was already sick and tired of looking for keys several times a day anyway - and computer passwords, I figured there had to be a better way. I did my research, found out about implants, bought all the gear, and went on a crusade to get rid of all my keys. I’m not done yet.

4 Likes

I’ve stumbled upon one of thought emporium videos.

4 Likes

It was an article in a tech magazine years ago

2 Likes

The chip ain’t expensive. The pile of RFID-related gear you purchase to go with it gets costly though :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ve been into transhumanism is several forms for years as an interesting thing to think about, and for the last couple years had been sort of getting an itch in the back of my mind to look deeper into rfid implants, since I’ve known a couple people with them.

Then a little while back my buddies over at Modern Rogue got together with Deviant Ollam to talk about them and turn Jason into JSON (lawl), and it pushed me over the edge, and those vids led to finding dangerousthings, and this forum, and the obsession has grown pretty quickly.

Now it looks like I’ll finally get the stuff I ordered installed (injected? put in? whatever haha) tomorrow!

5 Likes

Nice! Doing a self-install?

1 Like

helllll nah, the piercer i was going to use and I have both been in isolation long enough that we both feel ok meeting up privately to get it done rather than waiting who knows how long. not like he needs his full work setup for it or anything haha

3 Likes

Ahh, I understand, that’s good to hear! Stay healthy my guy.

3 Likes

I had been messing around with RFID technology for ages and my kitty sat on my lap while I was cloning a card for my buddy. I randomly decided to try read her RFID tag. Couldn’t do it with the default antenna so I had a quick look at the available antennas and found the ProxLF. And that got me interested in implants. I had heard of RFID and magnetic implants years ago and wanted one then but had forgotten about it over the years.

4 Likes

I remember seeing @Amal Tedx talk. I was intrigued, but had no real need like he was showing.

About a year ago, I almost lost my google account. I couldn’t remember the password, and ended up calling google support several times until I got their business line and talked to several people, I was determined to never again have this happen.

I currently use my Spark UID for passwords now, and when the Vivokey ecosystem becomes more complete, I plan to just use that. (Can’t remember what it is called)

That is what led me to actually purchasing implants.

4 Likes

I saw Modern Rogue do a YouTube video with Red Team Alliance about RFID sniffing, cloning, etc, and they did a smaller sub episode about implants. First time I had ever heard about implantable tech. And of course hardly 2 months after I have a NeXT in L0 and my eyes on candidates for a second implant.

6 Likes

Zoe Quinn back in 2013ish put a magnet in and then a nfc chip the year after, ever since I found out about through her its something I have followed to various extents.

4 Likes

There was a thing on Sparkfun Electronics that was a (probably) non-biosafe static EM chip. It clearly said “Don’t implant this in yourself” which made me want to do it even more. Looked it up and sure enough it’s a thing. That was 6th grade. Now I’m a senior in high school and have had an xEM and xNT for a year.

3 Likes

Oh right. I am old.

3 Likes

giphy (9)

2 Likes

tenor (2)

2 Likes