How were you introduced into the world of Biohacking?

The biohack.me pages, back in the early days. I revisited it every year or so - mainly to see if the M31’s were around, and eventually fell into the NFC stuff with a DT xNT. Followed DT and VivoKey, got into the beta for the Apex Flex, and expressed an interest in writing for JavaCard. Ended up writing some apps, including VivoKey’s Tesla-compatible app (that was a fun few booze-fuelled nights) and the work moved into other aspects of the VivoKey ecosystem.

3 Likes

I also love drunkgeneering

This. I’ve got a bottle of Jameson for next week (finally able to take my leave).

1 Like

At my hackerspace the participants call it “code elixir”

3 Likes

Big fan of Deviant Ollam, and I watched one of his defcon talks where he talked a lot about his implants. I thought they were cool, but not really useful. And I’d have to get 2 in order to cover LF and HF.

Then I watched the Modern Rogue episode with Deviant Ollam where the implants were featured pretty heavily. I checked out DT again and saw the NeXT covered both frequencies in 1! Then I saw that DT accept bitcoin and instantly ordered the NeXT deluxe kit.

I’m not really a body mod person, but I’m super into tech. This decision was more based on tech uses rather than any sort of body mod/transhumanism.

6 Likes

I saw something about it in a newspaper and then found this video searched for the bioteq implants but wasn’t happy with the technical data provided for them.

Then I found dangerous things and got my NExT which was way better anyway.

3 Likes

This video popped into my recommended feen on youtube, and I watched it, interested. This made me interested in other implants that were less invasive and I came across the DT xnt chip. I did not really know what it did, but I knew I wanted one and came here to ask about it. People then recommended the NExT chip instead, and here I am.

God I put them in the same category as andy Warhol, “Crazy batshit and yet admirable”

Lepht has done some really dumb shit and still has, but if it wasn’t for them saying “sure ill let you put a whole ass ROUTER BOARD into me” they most likely would not have made the raspberry pi 0 versions like a week or so later if lepht hadn’t done the original.

someone has to be the crazy of the crazies.

1 Like

Sometime in 2018 I did a Google search for “how to get superpowers” out of pure boredom.

Wasn’t expecting anything but memes, clickbait articles and maybe some pseudoscience/religious ramblings, but I came across the subject of biohacking and grinders.

Guess you can say since then I’ve just slid down the rabbit hole… this year, 2020, started looking into getting my first implant (from DT, of course). Intending to do so within the next few months.

Also backed the Sentero campaign this year. Of course, that’s a wearable, but will definitely be a great utility to me specifically, and still falls under the biohacking umbrella.

So excited for what else is to come!

1 Like

Magnets have always been a curiosity for me. I think it was around 2015 or so when I heard about people implanting magnets in their finger tips and be able to feel magnetic fields. After a bunch of research I decided against getting one because of the coating issues people have had with them. That was until I heard about the xG3. From there I just had to get comfortable with the idea of putting something under my skin with a gigantic needle.

It wasn’t until I saw the titan campaign that I created an account here and found a peircer in my area that could do the installs for me. The Titan seems like a dream come true for me. I’m really looking forward to it.

4 Likes

I was first introduced to NFC implants in 2015 when I found out that Android phones could be unlocked over NFC way back, as I was getting my first ever smartphone (rip NFC smart lock). The tutorials all suggest NFC rings / nail stickers, but I went down the rabbit hole and found the implants / DT.

Every so often I’d check what was happening here or at biobiohack.me, finding magnets and Apex, both of which piqued my interest, however my lack of income and age prevented me from getting anything, in addition to the issues with safety and accessibility.

Five years after I first found out about biohacking, I’m an adult with a source of income, who ordered a Titan in the last 24 hours of the campaign as my first implant :joy:

3 Likes

5 Likes

That’s a photo of a fearless biohacker meeting Lepht :slight_smile:

Lepth and you rosco are the two that convinced me to plan on getting the xBT

Lepth mentioned it in a talk once and i liked it alot but didn’t feel the need for it till you talked about it as a quick check for someone like yourself who may be able to catch the early signs of (correct me if im wrong but was it thyroid issues?) And i feel like it is a little more useful to myself then i once thought.

Thyroid, yes. I’m borderline with that. I still use the chip regularly when I feel unusually cold in the evening.

I had this project ot making a wearable temperature monitoring device, for health issues and for sports also. I even found a nice battery-powered reader that showed a lot of promise. Unfortunately, the Dutch company that sold it to me shafted me: they promised it would be able to interpret temperature data, but it doesn’t, and now that the sale is made, they won’t answer me anymore.

One of these days I’m gonna out them and make sure they’re indexed by Google as crooks.

2 Likes

Send them some mail

5 Likes

3 Likes

I first became interested in getting an implant from Dangerous Things after watching a video from the modern rogue YouTube channel. They had a video all about microchips and it got me fascinated with the possibilities.

3 Likes

Mythbusters…

I’ve came here because of my interest in augmenting the human body. And as much as I want to put my brain in a jar and get a robot body, the technology for this isn’t available. So I decided to enjoy the current tech for the time being.