I am so damn pissed! šŸ¤¬

Yes, thatā€™s another gift of the nanny state: when you have nothing to fear, you have less stress in life, which yields a longer life and a better quality of life.

I donā€™t know if youā€™ve ever set foot in the US for any length of time, but the one thing I remember of it is this: you canā€™t live there without experiencing a constant background level of stress and paranoia. I noticed that when I moved to Canada: it was like some pressure suddenly let off inside of me.

You donā€™t know what it is it until you experience it - something most Americans donā€™t get to do unfortunately.

1 Like

Yup and there is the problem I need this job or I wonā€™t be able to pay my mortgage and I sure as hell donā€™t have the money to pay for a lawyer let alone pay for a lawyer and be out of work. The people I work with are great the rest of the work environment is great. I sent them more info and she said she would look over it with the security guy. So if they stay this line after telling me they will look at the info I feel like I have a place to go. Iā€™m also wondering if I can reverse the discrimination, something tells me the security guy is a mark of the beast kind of guy and if that is the case Iā€™m being discriminated against because of someone elses religion.

2 Likes

This isnā€™t advice.

Personally I would just nick my skin to make it look like they were removed. I would bring a few in a baggie to physically show them. Hell, I would even rub my blood on them to make them look removed and gross them out.

After that, just not bring it up until I want to ruffle feathers.

If you want to PM me your state info, I can try to look into the law further

1 Like

At this point youā€™ve really only got 4 options.

Submit.
Take them out, and try to deal with the unhappiness.

Dodge.
Try to fake your way out. I donā€™t recommend this as it makes you the asshole.

Quit.
Take the high road and find more accepting employment.

Advocate.
This would be a second full time job. Work with/through organizations like the ACLU, and try to create a protected classification / precedent.

Were it me, I think a new job is in order. Especially as this is probably the worst thing you can do to them. That said, Iā€™d find a job before quitting. Andā€¦ If push comes to shove and you get fired, at least youā€™ll have access to unemployment.

1 Like

Point blank ask HR if this is where heā€™s coming fom. They WILL deny it, but it may get them to examining security guyā€™s motives on their own.

Can you quietly look this guyā€™s facebook page up? If youre lucky heā€™ll have posted conspiracy theories or religous b.s. about implants. Screen shot it and take that to HR.

Nice piece.

I have a similar approach to happiness - albeit slightly different. I stick to two principles:

1/ Always behave honestly and decently. Donā€™t be a dick (all the time). And as sone fictional character once said, do unto others as you would have others do unto you. Iā€™m old enough to know that good behavior is always rewarded, whether itā€™s the next minute or the next decade.

2/ Donā€™t ever expect anything good to happen in life. If it doesnā€™t, well, no surprise. When it does - and it always does by virtue of rule #1, youā€™re amazed and you feel like the luckiest guy in the world.

With those two rules, I managed to pepper the world with very good friends, and I feel like my life is an unending lucky streak.

Aaaandā€¦ that was a derail :slight_smile:

1 Like

:smile:

I love that you gave yourself a ā€œbe a dickā€ (some of the time) clause

3 Likes

Totally agree on that - it just makes no sense to behave unfriendly. I try to stay true to myself, and I can take quite a (verbal) fight if neccessary, but I am usually a nice person. I think. Mostly.

Ah, that one I canā€™t agree to. It works for many people, so itā€™s great if it works for you, but I am massively optimistic usually. Not naive and enough of a realist not to expect much from mankind in general, of course, but I just love to think positive. I am already happy when I imagine wonderful things, and double happy if they actually happen. If not, I was at least happy once :smile:

Is important as well :smile:

Okay, this doesnā€™t sound that badā€¦ so there is a chance that theyā€™ll not force you to take the implant out? I keep my fingers crossed for that, especially if the people you work with are generally nice guys and itā€™s just one of them overreacting massivelyā€¦

1 Like

WOW, itā€™s like you are in my head

Some people are Eyorres some are Tiggers

We can only try and convert themā€¦ But most are ā€œhappyā€ being sad :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Says the guy with the depressive robot as a profile picture :stuck_out_tongue:
But like I said, some people are very happy being pessimistic, and it actually works for them - I can hardly relate to that, but same goes the other way round. So I guess Iā€™m okay with that :wink:

Damn, okay, I have to derail a little further - this here (yes, Iā€™m in Barlow-mode^^) is one of the most positive (albeit admittedly naive) texts about the possibilities of the internet. I just love to read it from time to time, just to be remembered of the incredible optimism of those beginning yearsā€¦

1 Like

The problem is the people I actually work with donā€™t have a say. Its the vp of hr and head of security that have a problem.

1 Like

doesnā€™t know anything about rfid security

sounds like this guy being chief cybersecurity advisorā€¦

see-no

wow

hnmmm

woo

3 Likes

Yea, letā€™s just hope heā€™s not the kind of guy to double down when he does realize heā€™s wrongā€¦

vp of security canā€™t be wrongā€¦ therefore he wonā€™t be wrong. you will be gone before that happens.

ā€œThere are no poor people in America, only temporarily embarrassed millionaires.ā€

Yup. I had a job once very briefly where it was very straight forward. It was a warehouse and you had to unload two trucks a day. If you missed the quota, you didnā€™t have a job the next day. There are always folks desperate enough to take the job while looking somewhere else.

Hmm well, it was more a matter of avoiding the inevitable ā€œexplain this post thenā€ if I hadnā€™t added the clause :slight_smile:

Thing is, people can be dicks every once in a while without it being a permanent personality feature. Weā€™re only humans after all.

1 Like

Luckily Iā€™m only a dick 80% of the timeā€¦

God this whole thing makes me happy that my boss can be sensible at times (he is not a good person and treats us like shit but he does use common sense)

I am known in the workplace for messing withing things and pretty much being a wannabe Pen tester. Ill show up to the managers office some days and go
ā€œhey i found out how to access and control all of our security cameras, please change your password from ā€œpasswordā€ā€
or
ā€œhey i can now control that door with my implant, how? you leave the master for lying around and i cloned itā€

Iā€™m lucky my boss sees this as a good thing and not just fire me or make me remove the fob clone from my hand (he actually quite likes seeing me use it)

2 Likes

Well, for a change of tone, and just to make yā€™all jealous: boy am I glad I work for a company where everybody is aware of my shenanigans and perfectly okay with them, most of them are pretty interested in the hows and whys and what-fors of my implants, my boss regularly asks me what Iā€™ll implant next, or what company door I plan on modifying next (with his permission of course :slight_smile:) and even tells me Iā€™m welcome to take a few days off to go see my installer in Helsinki, rest up afterwards, or avoid hitting the workshop for a while if itā€™s a big implant job.

So there :stuck_out_tongue:

iā€™m always jelly of you rosco, your auto turn on office with the main door, foot passwords and all the shenanigans i have read about.